Chapter 8

"Back to witches and wizards and magical beasts," I sang to myself, as we got off the carriage and left walked to the Great Hall, "to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts, its-"

"Ok, hush," (BF/N) hissed.

The sorting hat just finished its new song, telling every student of Hogwarts to stay united, If they had just listened to it!

My eyes flickered to Cedric who sat across the Great hall amongst the other Hufflepuffs once he caught my eyes he passed me a wink returning his attention to Dumbledore who gave his start-of-term speech and I did the same.

And then...Umbridge, let's just say I barely spared her a glance, much less listen to her speech.

"Ugh," I groaned, looping my arm around (BF/N)'s, "Can't we just skip Umbridge?"

She chuckled, "No, you can't, idiot,"

"Cedric?" I called after reaching the astronomy tower where we had decided to meet after the feast.

Before I could even register anything, I was pinned against the wall, Cedric's lips on mine, his hands on either side of my head, in a rough, passionate kiss contrasting from the usual soft kisses we shared.

I broke the kiss but didn't move far away seeing our lips were brushing against each other as we heaved gulps of air after being left breathless by the kiss.

"Hey, love, what happened?" I asked, trying to look at Cedric in the eyes, "Ced, is everything alright?"

He shook his head, tears welling up in his eyes as he moved closer to me, pressing me further against the wall.

"Cedric," I said, cupping his cheeks and halting his movements, "You gotta tell me what happened?"

"I don't like, I can't do this, I don't want to," he blurted, his eyes hooded and was leaning against me, breathing heavily.

My mouth parted and my heart broke, this always charismatic boy was giving up in my arms. He was the weakest in my arms but never had he given up, he held it together no matter what at times he was the one consoling. No, I would never allow him to give up.

"Hey, Cedric, look at me, love," I said softly, as he slowly opened his eyes looking at me, tears streaking down his cheeks, "It's alright, we can do it, love. We can do it together, you promised, remember?"

"I am scared," he whispered. My mending heart shattered into pieces at the vulnerability in his voice, tears finding my own eyes, not able to utter a word, I smashed my lips against his, with such force it stumbled him slightly back. The kiss was salty from the tears we let free. It was a silent promise that we would stay together, that we would get through this together and it's going to be alright.

His arms that were bound around my waist tightened, pulling me close and deepening the kiss. I pulled away, cupping his cheeks looking at him, gently I said, "I love you. We are going to do this, we are going to get through this and I don't care what the others say, I know who you are and you are the best, am I clear?"

He nodded, "I love you too,"

I smiled, wiping his tears and running my fingers through his hair and pecked his lips. "Did you know?" I suddenly said after an idea formed in my head,

"What?" He asked.

"I saw this one Hufflepuff during the supper," I paused for him to acknowledge I was speaking and I continued as he nodded.

"So, that boy is really amazing like he is handsome, brilliant, strong and just totally awesome but he is feeling scared because he couldn't meet his friend's and parents' expectations and feeling awful about what they all whisper regarding his past incidents. Now, what do you think he should do?"