Chapter 30: Bad Decisions

1x11

[Adela, Elijah and Klaus are discussing their current predicament while Elijah looks through an old book about witches throughout the ages]

ELIJAH: The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina.

KLAUS: Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence.

ADELA: Didn't you kill her.

ELIJAH: Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?

KLAUS: Why does any witch do anything?

[Downstairs in the living room, Adela, Klaus and Elijah are making themselves drinks at the bar while they listen to Davina and Marcel fight]

KLAUS: Well, that's going well.

ADELA: If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea.

KLAUS: Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?

ELIJAH: [sarcastic] Give me a month. I'll get you list.

KLAUS: Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass.

ADELA: Well he's wrong. 

[Back in Davina's room, Davina glares at Marcel for a moment before she begins vomiting up dirt all over her bed. Marcel begins to panic]

MARCEL: Davina, Davina!

[Klaus, who has heard the commotion, enters the room to investigate]

KLAUS: What's with all the racket? [He stops in his tracks when he sees Davina still throwing up soil] Bloody hell.

[In the living room, Hayley, who looks guilty, joins Elijah and Adela]

HAYLEY: Elijah? There's something you need to know.

[Suddenly, the house begins to shake violently, as though it's an earthquake. Concerned, the three]

ADELA: Bloody hell Davina!

[Adela, Klaus and Marcel are conferring about what is going on]

KLAUS: This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?

MARCEL: I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this.

KLAUS: How did you control her when she was in the attic?

MARCEL: I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend.

ADELA: Aka the stupidest idea you have ever had. 

KLAUS: Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches.

MARCEL: She's not a tool.

KLAUS: Something's wrong with her.

ELIJAH: She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?