Chapter 24: You Want Me To Go To Prom?

4x19

Adela, Rebekah, Elijah, and Klaus are sitting at a table together.

REBEKAH: Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters.

[Klaus laughs.]

KLAUS: Well, that was poetic.

ADELA: Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Uncle Nik, please.

KLAUS: Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure.

REBEKAH: And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side.

KLAUS: So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate. [to Elijah and Adela] You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion.

[Adela frowned and rolled her eyes]

REBEKAH: He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died.

KLAUS: Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back.

REBEKAH: Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life.

KLAUS: Elijah, please.

ADELA: Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Uncle Nik. 

ELIJAH: I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness.

KLAUS: Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture.

ELIJAH: I made my decision.

[Klaus swiftly stands and leans down to speak into Rebekah's ear.]

KLAUS: When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me.

ADELA: That is the weirdest threat I have ever heard. 

[Klaus leaves the room. Rebekah remains carefully composed as she touches her hair and clears her throat.]

REBEKAH: [to Elijah] Where is the cure?

ADELA: Aunt Bekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what you are giving up here.

REBEKAH: Fine. Anything.

ELIJAH: I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges-- no strength, no compulsion, no nothing. If you succeed, if you still believe this is what you want, the cure is yours.

[Rebekah is surprised, but releases the tension in her body with resignation and accepts the challenge.]

Adela walked into her to find a box sitting on her bed. She opened it had a gorgeous outfit.

 She opened it had a gorgeous outfit