Chapter 41: Auntie Frey Frey

2x16

[Adela walks down the stairs of the compound after coming home late last night, the day before she had spent with Thea. Elijah has just arrived to the compound. Where they have joined Klaus, who is waiting for them in the dining room in anticipation for their family brunch]

KLAUS: There you two are. Finally.

[Elijah strips off his coat and hangs it up before heading toward the table]

ELIJAH: I was delayed.
ADELA: I didn't want to attend. KLAUS: [smiles] Our guest of honor will be here momentarily.ELIJAH: [bemused] Strange, our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account.KLAUS: [laughs] I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit.ELIJAH: [suspiciously] Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't.KLAUS: [rolls his eyes] All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out.ELIJAH: And you yourself said that would be idiocy.KLAUS: [amused] Did I?

[He feigns as though he's straining to remember when he said this]

ADELA: Personally, I am quite excited to meet my Auntie Frey Frey. 
KLAUS: Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms. [He points toward his ear] Ah! I think I hear her now!

[He turns to the door just as Freya walks into the dining room, smiling at her brothers and niece]

KLAUS: Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable.

[Freya looks slightly nervous, but smiles warmly at them]

|

[Adela, Freya, Klaus, and Elijah are making small talk in the dining room of the compound. Freya has a small round artifact in her hands and is examining it carefully]

FREYA: This witch-hoop, it's Danish. Is this from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500s?KLAUS: Quite the eye!ELIJAH: [impatiently] Forgive me-- are we here to discuss family heirlooms.
ADELA: Please excuse my father's lack of decorum what he means is that we have more pressing concerns to discuss. KLAUS: He's been in a foul mood of late. But, he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets. So, without further ado, let's get to it!

[The four of them take their seats at the table, which is full of breakfast food, and start their discussion. Freya clears her throat awkwardly before she begins to speak]

FREYA: The first thing you should know is that Dahlia is the most powerful witch I've ever seen. She craves more power still. Right now she is like me-- limited to one year of life in a century. But, she wants to be free of that restriction. To gain true immortality. And that is why she will come here-- drawn by your daughter to take the child's power for herself. She would have taken Adelina's but your vampire nature cloaked you from Dahlia before she could fine you. And she would kill anyone who would defy her.KLAUS: And yet you would defy her?FREYA: I don't have a choice. She will never let me be free. My one chance is to align with you and kill her.

[Elijah looks troubled by this revelation, but Klaus doesn't seem convinced]

KLAUS: Well, now that we're all suitably motivated, let's talk specifics!FREYA: [takes a deep breath] For you to understand, I need to start from the beginning.