Damian x Firefly!Reader

Start from the beginning

"How did you change your whole room?!" He asked confused. I laughed.

"Shrinking." I said using jazz hands before mentally face palming at how dumb that looks. He nodded kinda amazed. He tried putting an arm out to put on the door flirtatiously but he missed and ended up falling. I tried not to laugh as I helped him up.

"Anyway it's snack time before we train and then lunch and then free time and then dinner and then maybe training again. But now it's lunchtime before training so let's go." He quickly explained kinda losing me with how fast he was talking. I nodded confused as I followed him to the kitchen. Nightwing and Starfire were making smoothies. Starfire passed me one and I snagged a banana before sitting next to Raven. She smiled a little.

"How exactly do your powers work?" She asked.

"So I create my own light so I'm bioluminescent. Like actual fireflies. When oxygen combines with calcium, adenosine triphosphate and the chemical luciferin in the presence of luciferase. Luciferase is a bioluminescent enzyme. Light is produced. And it's something the subconscious mind does   It controls when those chemicals produce light. Kinda like how the subconscious mind keeps our heart beating and our lungs breathing. And my whole body lights up but most of the times it's just certain parts. On top of I can control plant life. I'm still learning that part. And then the shrinking happens. So I'm great on stealth missions." I explained. She nodded.

"That's really interesting. So if you're scared does your whole body just light up like an animal that's warning the threat not to come closer?" She asked. I nodded.

"Something like that." I said. She nodded before pointing to my wings.

"Oh yeah those. I can fly. It's like second nature to me so I forget sometimes that normal people don't have wings. Because you know like they've always been there. When I tell you it is so hard finding clothes that will accommodate or work with them is hard." I joked. She laughed and we continued chatting until we heard Damian groan.

"No one cares about your idle chatter new girl." He snapped at me. Raven glared at him.

"Let's go to the locker room and change. That way we can talk without Damian being a downer." She said. I smiled and nodded. We got our suits before going to the locker room to change.

"So you wear dresses a lot because they're easier to find backless or they have lower backs?" He clarified. I nodded as I adjusted my sleeves.

"Yeah. In winter it's a pain in the butt so I settle for soft baggy clothes." I explained. Once we were suited we did some warm ups before the others showed up. I watched as they sparred and Damian got mad having to spar with me. I tried ignoring it. Once it was our turn he aimed his katana at me and lunged for me. I dodged out of the way quickly and threw some seeds down at the ground before growing the vines to tangle his feet. He cut them with the blade and while his back was turned I went to tackle him. He used my momentum against me and threw me to the ground before pointing his sword at me.

"You lose." He said. I smiled before shrinking. I flew behind him before turning back to normal and punched him in the face before shrinking again. I landed a few body punches before his hand slapped me and I flew to the ground. I went back to normal size and my entire left side of my body stung. And then my right side hurt from the impact of me landing on the ground. And he slapped me hard. I stumbled getting up and I watched as the left side of my body dimly glowed in pain. I sighed and covered my face with my hair as I held my head. Nightwing came over to check on me but I waved him off.

"That's on me. I should've shrunk smaller so I was the size of a molecule then I would've been been blown away instead of taking damage." I said smiling painfully. Damian groaned.