Chapter 62: Yesterday's Enemies are Today's Allies

Beginne am Anfang

"I'll handle Vritra, Fafnir, and Tannin, come on Baraqiel." Azazel walked off with the other fallen angel following close behind. "For the record, Midgardsormr is currently asleep somewhere in Northern Europe's ocean's depths, so be careful not to wake his body up."

"What about Jormungandr?" I asked out loud, and everyone thought for a moment before Cernnunos spoke up. "Isn't he connected to Loki?"

"Jormungandr...one snake...Midgardsormr...another..." Cernnunos answered, and I think he was trying to say that they were different beings.

"Though If we're going to summon Midgardsormr, we need a proper barrier." Sona thought out loud. "(Y/N), you think you can make a barrier that covers the entire beach?"

"I have my doubts but I'll try my hardest." I agreed to try this idea out because I knew what Sona was inferring. "Thought the whole beach may be a little hard because my magic power isn't the best."

"Well with that attitude it isn't." I turned my head to the sliding glass doors and saw Scathach walking through them. "Hey there kid, did you miss me?"

"I was afraid something happened to you, I haven't seen you in a while." I was happy to see my teacher here. "Are you okay? Where have you been? No injuries or poison?"

"Yeesh, what are you? My mother?" Scathach replied sarcastically as she examined Rossweisse, Cernunnos, Sang, Quetzal, Nico, Coyote, and Anubis. "Congratulations, I approve of all of you, but if I see so much as a scratch on (Y/N)'s head, I will end all of you, got that?"

"Bold of you to assume Nico can die." Nico had a menacing stare and aura directed at Scathach.

"Heh, I like this girl, she's not afraid to speak her mind." Scathach chuckled to herself while pointing at Nico. "That's a good trait for people to have, people nowadays are always afraid of their neck getting chopped off the moment they stick it out of their shells. Who knows what will happen? You may get your head cut off, sure, but who knows, you may just find the warm sun shining down on you, or even a refreshing drop of rain in your nose."

"So What brings the legendary Scathach here?" Vali asked, and I explained to him that she was my teacher and taught me how to use Gae Bulg. "You've trained under her? You have my sympathy, I heard of how bad she can be."

"I came here to check on my student, and I also need to talk with him, alone." Scathach answered while patting my back. "Don't worry girls, I won't try to take him away from you. It's just master and student talks."

"Good, because those of us here don't like old lady porn." Sarah pointed out, and Scathach laughed a bit at this. "Better yet, no old people porn in general. None of us wanna see that wrinkly peach."

"Thanks, I never wanted to picture that in my head." Issei pointed out, and I saw life fade from his eyes.

"Scathach, mind helping me set up some magic circles along the rocks?" I offered, since Scathach needed to talk to me privately. "There's some rocks over on the other side of the beach." I pointed at a noticeable rise in ground level across the sand. "We'll do the summoning there. If things go wrong, I have easy access to my ocean magic and it's far away enough from everything that people won't get caught in the crossfire."

"Good idea, I'll do some research in your library if that's okay." Vali pointed out, and Arthur decided to go with him. I knew we had a library in the house, but I never visited it, so I decided to let him use it.

Scathach and I walked along the coast towards the rocks, and the two of us walked in total silence. Weirdly enough, there was a bat watching over us as we walked. I found it odd that there was a bat here, but considering the sun was starting to set, I just accepted it. Scathach and I reached the rocky shore and I used my rock magic to make a tennis-court size platform between the rocky and uneven rocks. The platform was in place to allow for the magic circle to be drawn properly, and to make sure Midgardsormr's consciousness doesn't leak into civilization. "So what is it you'd like to talk to me about?" I asked while pulling some waterproof chalk out of my pocket and to begin drawing. "Forgive me for being wrong, but you normally aren't the type to pull me aside and tell me something."