Chapter 7: Coming Clean

His Guardian

His Guardian

Chapter 7: "Coming Clean"

Jimin

"I'll give you five minutes tops." I glare.

"What?"

"You heard me."

The raven quickly scrambles off me and holds a hand up. "We should do this in your room."

I help myself up, smacking his hand out of the way. "Don't tell me what to do."

We head to my bedroom and I sit on my bed, but don't let the traitor sit anywhere.

"Ki-moon is good. I've known him for a long time. I practically raised him."

"Oh, yet you couldn't be around to raise your own kid."

He groans. "It's not that simple. Do you honestly think I, Jeon Jungkook, would just abandon his family? That I'd just disappear for almost nineteen years without any reason? Yeah, I may have been gone more than I was around, and I understand your feelings and think they're valid, but really? You've known me since I was in diapers! We lost our virginity to each other. We went to the same schools, lived in the same neighborhood. Do you think I was pretending for sixteen years? I love you."

The alpha pulls his shirt off and spins around. "I'm not mated. I'm not marked. I haven't marked anyone else." He puts the shirt back on. "Why would I be here now? It's not like I can get money from you. There's no reason for me to use you."

My eyes can't help but train on his neck, unmarked, unmated. It does things to me and although it shouldn't, my scent sweetens. Maybe, just maybe, this means something. I mean, nineteen years is a long time. If I really meant nothing, wouldn't he have mated someone else? Jungkook has always been a big romantic. There's no way he would go this long without a mate, without a family.

Maybe... maybe he really is my Jungkook.

I hug myself. "Then why?"

"This'll take more than five minutes."

Even though I shouldn't, I can't help but yearn for him, how we used to be. "Fine. Just sit next to me and put your head in my lap."

His eyes light up, galaxies glowing in the irises. "Really?"

My breath hitches. He really is my Kookie.

"Yes."

The raven does so before I can change my mind. He closes his eyes, grabbing my hand and putting it in his hair so I can massage his scalp like I used to.

"That funeral you went to... those weren't my father's and my bodies... They belonged to other people, but the coroner and such were paid off so no one would question anything."