Chapter 1: Simple Life

His Guardian

His Guardian

Chapter 1: "Simple Life"

Jimin

"Papa, I'm hooooooome!" My son calls, taking off his mismatched set of Converse. He kneels, unlacing his left black shoe before going to the right purple one.

I lean in the doorway, studying my son. He's grown up well. He got the alpha gene from Jungkook and reminds me of him in a lot of ways. It makes me feel like he's still here. It's been almost nineteen years since Jungkook and his father's death. If Jungkook were around, I would've chewed him out for not getting the right condoms and having terrible pullout game, but with him gone, it's nice to see a big brown pair of doe eyes again.

The brunet grins at me and picks me up, the teenager a gym rat. But he's still a little softie.

Humming, I pet his head. "How was school?"

"Annoying." He scowls. "Ever since I turned eighteen and decided to tell people my fertility-class, I've had people all over me. Their scents make me nauseous and give me the biggest headache. Is that normal?"

His question rouses some suspicions, but I'm not entirely sure. "You could be naturally sensitive. Jungkook used to always whine about other people's scents and only liked mine."

Big, brown eyes sparkle. "How romantic."

I clear my throat and then laugh. "I need you to clean out the guest space. We have a new boarder coming in."

"Another old person?" The alpha questions, rummaging through the fridge for some chocolate milk.

"No, he's twenty-one."

He perks up at this. "Really? They're my age?"

"Twenty-one is not your age."

The alpha grins. "I'm legal~" He runs off.

"Jeon Jung-nam!" I scold. "I am TOO young to be a grandpa!"

"You're thirty-five!"

"Exactly!" I scowl, looking at myself in the mirror. My volume drops and I run my fingers through my raven hair. "I'm not old. I'm aged. I'm the very definition of a DILF. People think we're siblings all the time."

I attempt to hype myself in the mirror, but I feel my hands roam my torso, landing on my stomach. Although I worked hard to lose all of the baby weight, I still have stretch marks on my stomach and upper thighs from the weight gain. On one hand, they make me feel self conscious. On the other, they are left behind by my son, by our son.

Jeon Jung-nam, my little silver lining.

Despite being a teen parent and being the only source of income, I've never once been poor with Jung-nam. Every time things have been tough, we've always pulled through. Whenever an emergency would arise, it would just... sort itself out. Although I'm not particularly religious, it feels like Jungkook is watching over us, trying to help our family in whatever way he can.