Chapter 3: Don't Hurt Him

His Guardian

His Guardian

Chapter 3: "Don't Hurt Him"

Jimin

I pace back and forth around my room, unsure of what to do. Last week, Jung-nam said Ki-moon doesn't eat dairy when he's close to his heat. He made vegan pancake batter. It's been a week. So not only have Jung-nam and Ki-moon talked about the omega's cycle, but it should be going on now if not soon.

And my son cares.

That could mean he intends to take care of the omega during his heat, or spend his heat with him in a less than innocent way. I'm not trying to be an overbearing parent, but the thought of Jung-nam getting involved with Ki-moon worries me. Ki-moon seems to care about my son and is always kind and courteous when it comes to the young alpha, but it's still anxiety-inducing. It's much too soon. Jungkook and I knew each other for years before we did anything like that. But to be fair... we weren't yet sexually mature.

I decide I'll talk to the guest about it once I get back from grocery shopping. All of my intrusive thoughts regarding the male are baseless. I've been watching and listening to too much true crime. But can one blame me for always expecting the worst? Jungkook died so suddenly. And if Jung-nam were to get hurt, it would be like losing him, Jungkook, and myself. My heart can only take so much.

While I'm in the car, I absently sing along to The Weeknd, parking in a spot nearby to the grocery store. Humming, I find my mind wandering as always, thinking about him.

-

Jungkook: 13

Jimin: 14

"Jiminie, you're so good at singing," Jungkook praises, kicking his feet to propel himself higher and higher on the swingset. "You're a vocal angel."

I blush, looking up from the flower crown of dandelions I'm crafting. "I'm not good at singing at all. I think you're wearing rose-colored headphones." I scowl and continue to braid the stems into the base.

The brunet jumps out of the swing and sits down across from me at the picnic table, taking a sip of his banana milk before looking at me through his camera, taking pictures.

"Should I smile or something?" I look up from my work.

"No. I like picturing the real Park Jimin. Natural Jimin is the most beautiful thing. When we're all old and gray, the candid shots are what we'll look back on with the most fondness. I want to get into video. Maybe I could be a music video director. I just have to convince my father that I don't want his stupid company."

Smiling, I reach forward and poke his nose. "Didn't you want to be a professional badminton player the other day? Didn't you also say you wanted to be a comic book artist?"