Chapter 6: A Father's Fury

His Guardian

His Guardian

Chapter 6: "A Father's Fury"

Jimin

With Jung-nam's baseball bat in hand, I silently approach the stranger, ready to kill them if need be. I won't let anyone hurt my son. I won't let anyone hurt our son. I refuse to lose another piece of Jungkook.

Once I get close enough, I raise the bat and wind up, only for the stranger to turn around.

A metallic clang fills the otherwise silent room as the bat falls onto the floor, rolling in a circle.

Big, brown eyes look into mine and my hands shake as a sob escapes my throat.

He hugs me tightly, rocking us back and forth. Lips press against mine and my knees give out. But I don't fall to the ground. No, I am kept upright.

Jungkook holds me upright.

"H-H-How are you here?" I question, feeling out of it. "Am I dreaming?"

The raven closes and locks the door. "You're not dreaming." He sits on the bed. "But I'd like to know about our son."

My eyes narrow. "No."

"No?" He stands. "What is that supposed to mean? You never say no to me. I'm Kookie, your biggest weakness." His voice lightens toward the end, using that flirting tone I was so accustomed to, but feels too good to be true. This is too good to be true.

I look over the male, the resemblance striking. However, he's much taller, built, and tatted up versus the last time I saw him. No longer remains the cute, boyish frame. He's an adult now, which makes sense considering it's been almost nineteen years.

Nineteen years.

Realization sets in. Jungkook has been alive for nineteen years. The person who I've been slowing dying over for nineteen years is alive. Foundation, my ass. He's a deadbeat. I refuse to accept him. He's not him; he's not my Jungkook.

"You're not my Kookie. You're a stranger. Get the fuck out of my house before I call the police."

"Excuse me?"

"If you wanted a family, maybe you wouldn't have left them alone for almost nineteen years. Maybe, just maybe, you'd act like my Jungkookie and you'd be the foundation you acted like you'd be."

The raven furrows his eyebrows, approaching me. "Jiminie—"

I smack his hand away and push him onto the bed, pinning him down as my eyes burn red. "Who do you think you are?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Hell no, you're not. I can't believe I made Jung-nam a Jeon instead of a Park!"

"Well, considering how well he gets along with Ki-moon, I guess that doesn't matter."

Wow, joking at a time like this.

I narrow my eyes and release pheromones. "Excuse me? Have you been stalking us?"

"Who do you think has been paying your bills whenever you're short on money?" Jungkook challenges. "I've been helping in my own way, Jimin. I've always been with you, even if you couldn't see it."

My eye twitches. "Wow, so you sent money! That totally changes the fact that for over half my life, I thought you were dead! That my son's whole life, he thought you were dead!"

"When did he go from our son to your son?" Jungkook flips us over, tonguing the inside of his cheek. "I'm not the bad guy."

Our new position doesn't phase me. "How do you know about us?"

"I sent Ki-moon to check on you to see if the time was right for me to come home—"

"Ki-moon is a fucking spy?!" I push him off me. "I'll kill him! He fucked my son!"

I pick up the baseball bat, only for Jungkook to tackle me, looking at me with pleading eyes. "Please, Jimin, just let me explain."

Author's Note: BUTTER IS SO CLOSE. OH MY FUCKING BANGTAN.

What do you think of the story so far?

Make sure to take care and love yourself as best as you can.

With lots of love,

-BBM