Chapter 5: Emotional Turmoil

His Guardian

His Guardian

Chapter 5: "Emotional Turmoil"

Jimin

Exhausted, I rub my eyes and descend the steps. Jung-nam told me he'd make Ki-moon breakfast today and to sleep in, so I did. Well, as well as I could.

Lately, sleep has been a mere figment of my imagination and borderline unattainable. Each and every dream is plagued with Jungkook, whether dream or nightmare. Dreams are memories and what could have been, leaving me regretting not begging the alpha to stay or insisting I accompany him. Nightmares leave me sobbing just the same, except they aren't sweet. Instead, I see his dead body. I see his death. It's too much. If he were to just exist again, I would allow him in with open arms. I need him. I've been hollow for far too long and I can't seem to fix it.

When I get downstairs, I hear the piano, the pianist most likely our son. I peek in the doorway where he won't see me.

Jung-nam sits at the piano bench, playing absently while Ki-moon leans against the wall, his arms crossed as he quirks an eyebrow at the teenager. There seems to be a wordless banter going between them, the alpha playing various semitones on the instrument while the omega stays silent.

"Come on, Moon-moon. Just sing with me. I bet you sound amazing."

"I don't sing."

"Not even for me?"

"Especially not for you." He blushes.

"Moonie."

"Namie."

The eighteen-year-old smirks, changing the tune easily, singing easily and naturally.

You've got that smile
That only heaven can make
I pray to God everyday
That you keep that smile

"No, absolutely not." Ki-moon scoffs despite his cheeks being bright red.

Jung-nam gives him a pouty look and the omega relents, deciding to sing Justin's parts.

Yeah, you are my dream (You are my dream)
There's not a thing I won't do
I'll give my life up for you
'Cause you are my dream

I feel my eyes tear up, remembering doing similar things with Jungkook in our youth.

And baby, everything that I have is yours
You will never go cold or hungry
I'll be there when you're insecure
Let you know that you're always lovely
Boy, 'cause you are the only thing that I got right now

"The foundation. Whenever the foundation, load bearing walls, or support beams start to crack and erode, the whole house is in danger. You are my home, Jimin. Jung-nam will be my home. So I need to keep you safe no matter what."

One day when the sky is falling
I'll be standing right next to you
Right next to you
Nothing will ever come between us
'Cause I'll be standing right next to you
Right next to you

"I'll be there for you, no matter what. I'll always take care of you."

If you had my child (Yodel-lay-ah)
You would make my life complete (Yodel-lay-ah)
Just to have your eyes on little me
That'd be mine forever (Ooh)

"We should get married and have a house with lots of dogs. When we have kids, we should name them—"

And baby, everything that I have is yours (Oh, everything)
You will never go cold or hungry (Oh)
I'll be there when you're insecure (Insecure)
Let you know that you're always lovely
Girl, 'cause you are the only thing that I got right now

I move out of the doorway and slide down the wall, gripping my chest as memories of Jungkook continue to assault me.

One day when the sky is falling
I'll be standing right next to you
Right next to you (Whoa)
Nothing will ever come between us
I'll be standing right next to you
Right next to you

We're made for one another (One another)
Me and you (And you, and you, and you)
And I have no fear
I know we'll make it through

One day when the sky is falling
I'll be standing right next to you
Whoa-oh-oh-oh

One day when the sky is falling (When the sky is falling)
I'll be standing right next to you (Right next to you, oh)
Right next to you (Right next to you, oh)
Nothing will ever come between us (Nothing will ever, between us)
I'll be standing right next to you
Right next to you (Right next to you)

Oh, nah, nah
Oh, yeah
Stand by my side, side, side
When the sky falls
I'll be there, I'll be there

You've got that smile
That only heaven can make
I pray to God everyday
To keep you forever
Oh-oh

When the song is finished, I quickly make my leave and stay in my bedroom, picking up the frame of Jungkook wearing a flower crown, giggling happily.

"Can you tell the difference between me and the flowers?"

"No, I still don't think I can."

A breeze makes me shiver slightly and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I swear, if Jung-nam messed with the thermostat again." I grumble and go to the device, reading the temperature. I can't afford a higher bill.

The temperature is set correctly, but it's reading about eight degrees cooler. I look around, finding my bedroom window open.

"Jeon Jung-nam." My eye twitches as I close the window. I exit my bedroom and notice my son's bedroom door is open, so I walk in, freezing when I see the back of a tall, well-built man studying Jung-nam's gallery wall where he keeps his drawings, achievements, and pictures.

I pick up Jung-nam's metal baseball bat.

Author's Note: Oh, shit.

What do you think of the story so far?

Make sure to take care and love yourself as best as you can.

With lots of love,

-BBM