Chapter ten: Back towards the maze

Shaking my head, I agreed with him for the fact that things have changed. However that doesn't mean he should sacrifice someone. I turned back around seeing Minho and Newt glance at Chuck? Why was he carrying all of that stuff?.

"Why are you all going along with this? He isn't making any sense. Y/n is the only one that is'' Teresa spoke up yet again and she pulled against her ropes. The Gladers were now looking between myself and Gally as if they were choosing who to listen to. Turning around Gally told two of the builders to tie Thomas to the pole;however they looked in my direction.

"Don't look at her. She isn't going to help any of us!" The two boys started picking Thomas up before he suddenly leaped up and knocked the two builders to the ground. Newt and Minho started knocking some other builders down and Minho also held his machete to the back of Gally's neck before he could do anything. Soon enough several Gladers were standing in front of the maze doors.

"You're full of surprises aren't you?" Gally spoke looking at Thomas.

"You don't have to come with us but we are leaving Gally. Anyone else that wants to come with us now, it's your last chance." Thomas said.

Gally looked at me with pleading eyes, begging me to side with him.

"Gal, We can't stay here. We need to leave" I spoke rubbing his shoulder and I walked passed to stand next to Thomas nodding at him.

"Don't listen to him, he's trying to scare you" Gally spoke up again trying to control the remainder of the boys.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. Because you're already scared. Alright? I'm scared but I would rather risk my life out there then losing it in here. Because when it becomes night the grievers are going to come back." Thomas said, loudly so everyone could hear.

"We don't belong here/ this place isn't our home. Home isn't a place, it's when you're with people you love." I shouted, looking at Gally and everyone else. This caused a few people to come over. Clint and Jeff stayed right by my side as the others started to walk over, however some stayed by Gally's side; mostly the builders.

"Gal, come here. I'm not home if you're not there" I softly begged out. Newt grabbed my hand which helped me not let out any tears.

"I am home Y/n!, nothing you can say will change that" looking at the ground I sighed trying to stop the flow of tears that wanted to come out. Looking up at him. Making eye contact I said "Sorry Gal. I love you brother" Before I turned and started going into the maze making sure there weren't any grievers nearby.

After a few minutes of non stop running we decided to take a break to let the non runners rest for a bit before we would start again. Newt, Thomas, Minho and I were all together when Newt walked over to one of the many walls to lean against it causing Minho to ask "you ok?"

"Yeah, my leg is just playing up" Newt spoke. Minho and I shared a look of sadness while Thomas just looked at the three of us with confusion. " I'll run up ahead to make sure we don't bump into grievers on the way. Minho you take the back of the group and Thomas you take the front when you lot start running again" I said.

I bent down as if I was tying my shoes as I heard Minho and Thomas walk away.

"Hey Love, are you sure you want to do that? What if you get hurt?" Newt asked from behind. I could feel his gaze on my side.

"Well sweetheart, I can promise you that you will see me again and I'm doing to protect the people we love, beside it's one thing I promised Alby" I spoke up again, looking him in the eyes.

Cupping his face with my hand with my thumb rubbing against his cheek, his own hands moved to my waist and squeezed slightly. This caused my other hand that was by my side to go around his neck. His gaze kept switching between my eyes and my lips ever so often, catching myself doing the same thing as my eyes kept making me look at his soft lips. It felt as if his lips were a magnet, drawing me in wherever he was close. Running his tongue along his bottom lip, before he suddenly pulled me in. Our lips finally connected, causing us both to let out a sigh. Tightening his grip on my waist even more and pulling me closer made my legs weak, luckily because of his hold on me I couldn't fall to the ground. I pulled away softly giggling as he leant forward, trying to reconnect them as quickly as possible.