Chapter eight: Alby and Gally

"Chuck" Thomas and I screamed, quickly getting towards him grabbing onto his hands and playing a game of tug of war with the robotic spider slug. The others soon helped as well.

"Hold on to us chuck" Someone said, causing Chuck to reply

"No shit"

A few more moments of pulling at Chuck, the griever soon gave up and decided to let Chuck go, although it only let go when Alby started breaking off the leg that was holding Chuck. Pulling Chuck closer to me as he looked up at Alby.

"Thanks Alby"

The leader only nodded at the young boy before he turned to me and moved his head to the left, telling me he wanted to talk to me. Slowly releasing my hold on the 12 year old boy in front of me, I followed leaning against the wall facing Alby.

I closed my eyes after hearing the screams of the boys outside. Sharing a look of regret with Alby. "you need to stay with them" He spoke up, yet not too loud to let everyone hear.

"Yeah, we both do Albs. It's our job to stay with them and protect them" I softly said back to him.

"No matter what happens, you need to stay with them, protect them, stay with them. Don't lose yourself, ok?" He pushed back, leaving me with so many questions. I can't lose him. Why is he thinking like this?

No one dared to move as we heard the mechanical footsteps get closer and closer to us again. This led me towards the middle of the room although I slowly moved as it was at the centre of the roof, far away from the hole in the wall and ended next to Alby again. I got this eerie feeling from everything and everyone was quiet. The only thing we could hear was each other's breathing. Hearing it crawl over the roof, onto Alby's and I's side of the room. Before I could do anything however the creature pushed one of his arms through the wooden wall. Pushing me over Alby got in front of me; myself falling next to Newt and Chuck.

Alby got grabbed around the waist by these things. Lifting him up, Thomas stood up and tried to grab him... However Alby was taken by the creature, but not before he said something to Thomas. I couldn't tell what but I knew he said something. He made eye contact with me before he went and let go of Thomas's arms. I started to run forward screaming, if it wasn't for Newt I would've gotten killed as well no doubt. Chuck also grabbed my arm, trying to comfort me. I silently cried as I lost my voice for a while from that scream.

Slowly Thomas let us out after checking the grievers were fully gone. The sun started to rise, meaning the grievers must have left. We did still double check anyway. Shadowy figure came out of the flamey smoke.

"Gally" Thomas breathed out in surprise, I looked back at Newt sharing a look that was a mixture of concern and joy. However when we looked back towards Gally, he punched Thomas in the face.

"Look at what you did Thomas" He spat, before Clint pushed past Gally towards me; somehow he saw the state I was in.

"Y/n?" Gally asked, taking a step towards me. I put my hand up stopping him from getting any closer.

"Don't Gal, not right now. I'm too tired for your shit" I spoke, Cuck who was behind me a bit started giggling slightly as Newt stepped forward to help Clint while Jeff went to get the supplies I needed ready.

"Thomas, NO!" I heard behind me, I turned to Teresa to see what happened when I saw Thomas had stabbed himself with the stinger of a griever. Chuck ran off to get the antidote for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being pushed into a chair by Clint in the med-jack hut. Newt had to check on everyone, see who was left... how many of our boys died.