Chapter one: Thomas

It was a normal day in the glade...

The sun just rose and I was getting ready to run with Ben and Minho. I quickly spoke with Alby before I left, telling him that I was going into the maze today; in case he was going to need me later. Telling him also to look after the new greenie. Finally after saying goodbye to Newt, who was waiting by the entrance to the maze, we; myself, Minho and Ben raced into the dark corners of the maze to find our way out.

The 3 of us ran into different directions so we can have a better understanding of today's layout of the maze. We needed to find a way out. However we have to find it before the doors close.

It's now been a few hours by now and the sun is starting to set, causing it to get darker in the maze, So I started to run back towards the glade before the doors closed for the night.The last thing I wanted was to get stuck in here again. While I turned the corner Leading towards the entrance to the glade I saw Minho and Ben in front of me causing me to let out a sigh of relief. I didn't want to lose them.

Looking in the gap between the two, I could see Chuck and someone I never met before; Probably the new Greenie.

"Hey chuck" I heard Minho speak a few yards ahead of me

"New Greenie huh? How does it feel to be promoted?" Ben added as they were jogging towards the mapping room.

"It feels great Ben" Chuck spoke watching after the other two as they jogged.

"I bet it does Bud,Hey there Greenie" I spoke causing both of their heads to turn towards me.

"I'm Y/n, and as much as I would love to answer any questions you have.. Which I bet is a lot of them... I need to speak with Alby, Listen to Chuck though alright?" With a nod from the Greenie I ran towards the mapping room, knowing Alby would be there already.

Sitting next to Minho and the other runners by the campfire making sure the other two were ready for tomorrow's run before I noticed Newt pointing towards Minho and I.

I walked over and heard the last of what the greenie was saying.

"And they haven't found anything?" Sitting down next to Newt; Making him jump a little As I started speaking towards the Greenie.

"Listen... the maze changes every night" I pointed out as you could hear the clanging of the walls clashing together.

"How's that even possible?" Greenie asked, looking between myself and newt.

"You can ask the people who put us here-if you ever meet the bastards" Newt started before I finished off for him earning a quick smile from the boys.

Taking Newt's drink from his hand, taking a sip before handing it back acting as if I didn't do anything. Smiling at the look on his face. "And listen, the truth is the runners are the only ones that really know what's out there. They're the smartest and fastest out of us all." Newt started looking at the Greenie sparing me a few glances every now and again.

"It's a good thing too, because if they're not out before those doors close. Then they spend a full night in the maze. And no one survives a night in the maze" I finished, catching the look Newt sent me leading me to slowly shaking my head at him.

"What happens to them?" Greenie asks, sharing a look with Newt before he answered for me.

"Well we call them Grievers" He took a pause "Of course no one has ever seen one and lived to talk about it, but they are out there." I slowly nod along with what he said, silently thanking him for not bringing up my time in the maze. Standing and speaking before I left to find Alby again. "That's enough questions for tonight, you're the guest of honour, this whole campfire is for you."