Chapter two: Ben

A few hours after breakfast and I had just finished talking to Alby about what he believes we should keep a secret from Thomas. This boy can really ask a lot of questions. HOnestly he is starting to give me a headache.

"Anything you think of, we've tried it" I heard Newt exclaim as I started to walk towards him, Zart and Thomas. Sighing I guessed Thomas was talking about ways out.

"The only way out is through the maze" I suddenly spoke up causing Zart and Thomas to jump as they didn't see me walk up."I've been here longer than those two and trust me we've tried everything". I finished looking at Thomas, hiding the sadness I felt because of the different ideas people had. We lost some boys to them.

"You want to be helpful?go dig up some more fertiliser" Newt spoke up suddenly noticing the look I was making. Throwing the basket/bucket at Thomas which he caught. Sharing a look with Zart sent the two of us into a small set of laughter, although we tried hiding when Thomas looked in our direction.

I gave Newt a grateful look. One telling him how thankful I am for him doing that. He knows me so well that he doesn't need me to say or show anything on my face. He can simply look in my eyes and find out everything. Quickly looking behind Newt I saw Chuck dropping the pots and pans he was carrying so I went to go help him. Not turning to give a proper goodbye towards the other too made me miss the look Zart gave Newt almost as if he was screaming at the boy saying how he was being too obvious .

Smiling and ruffling Chuck's hair after helping, tickling his sides and making him fall more into my side. Pulling him into a hug kissing his head before looking up after hearing a scream. Suddenly seeing the borderline of the woods I saw Thomas running out being the source of the scream with Ben not too far behind him. What is going on?.

Sprinting towards the two boys, immediately pushing Ben off of Thomas; somehow Ben had started to choke Thomas. Everything happens in a flash... Ben overpowered me pushing to the ground his knees on either side of my legs pinning me down with them and now trying to hurt me.

Newt swung his shovel at the side of Ben's head making him fall off me due to the impact. Quickly pulling me up and pushing me behind him. Newt and Gally started saying "Hold him down"

Sharing a look with Alby, I nodded, causing him to say "Lift up his shirt" . Clint did so and left everyone gasping at the sight of the griever sting. All the boys started talking. I could only focus on a few of them.

"He's been stung? In the middle of the day?" Gally spoke looking at Newt; Who looked just as confused.

ALby turned to look at me making sure I was ok. Shaking my head at him as Clint, Jeff and two others started taking Ben towards the pit. Turning there look towards me silently asking if I'm alright as well as Thomas causing both of us to nod.

"Thanks, Y/n" He spoke out, only nodding to him before turning towards Minho.

"Did you see anything while you were in the maze with us yesterday?" I asked softly, however my voice wavered and I was near the breaking point.

"No we all went into directions." He responded. Alby and I looked at one another silently having a convocation with one another.

"Keepers meeting, you have ten minutes to be there" Alby spoke up, before walking off into the direction to where Ben was.

"You okay?" Gally said walking over towards me lifting my chin up so he could see the mark Ben left me with. I nodded, leaning back into Newt; who wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It almost happened again..." I whispered, only Gally, Newt and Minho heard and they walked me over to the homestead telling me to sit down on the chair for a while. To get my breathing under control before the meeting in a few minutes.