Chapter five: What to do

After Newt sat me down into the med-jack hut. Got up himself to get the bandages and some water to clean the wound with. Dipping a cloth in the bowl of water, twisting it in his hand to realise some of the water before pressing it gently against my side starting to get rid of all the dirt.

Someone outside started calling for him. I nodded, taking the wet crimson cloth out of his hands. Starting to dab at the deep cut making sure all the dirt was out, before grabbing sticky bandage pad. Placing that over the cut before I started to wrap the bandage wrap around my waist to support and project my wound more.

Jeff came in a few seconds after I tied the final knot. Telling me that the gladers were in the council hut talking about what we should do with Thomas and Alby. Gally of course was the main speaker.

"Things are changing, there's no denying that... First Ben gets stung in broad daylight and the Alby. Now our Greenie here, has taken it upon himself to go into the maze, which is a clear violation of our rules." Gally spoke, speaking strongly trying to prove his point.

"Yeah but he saved Alby's life" Frypan said, speaking up from behind Newt.

"Did he?" Gally questioned, raising his eyebrows in question at Fry.

"Yes, he did Gally" I spoke, walking forward so everyone could see me before stopping next to Newt; who smiled at me as if to calm me down.

"For 3 years, we have coexisted with these things, and now you've killed one of them" Gally continued ignoring my previous point before turning to point at Thomas, In which I redirected his finger so it was pointing at me. Since I was the one to kill the monstrous creature.

"Who knows what that could mean for us." Gally spoke up again, after shaking me off

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Newt spoke up. Glancing at me for a brief moment.

"He has to be punished." Gallt answered, leading a few people to gasp.

"So you're saying, Alby's life meant nothing?" I spoke, my tone waving between stern and upset at the thought Gally thought Alby was nothing.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. He broke our rules Y/n and you want him to get away with that?" Gally questioned, spinning towards me, Pointing at Thomas trying to put his point across.

"No. Look, all I'm saying is that Alby took that sting for me. Nearly killed himself when he found out, because he lost all hope he would survive" The galders let out a few gasps.

"I stopped him before doing so, but it led me. into knocking him out. If it wasn't for Thomas, Alby would've been griever food." I finished sending a nod to Thomas; who did the same in return.

"MInho, you were there with them. What do you think?" Newt spoke, directing his attention to Minho after checking how I was after telling everyone what happened.

"I think in all the time we've been here, no one has ever killed a griever before." Minho spoke, looking at me: clarifying that no one had in the past. Shaking my head he continued.

"When I turned and ran, these two dumb shanks stayed behind to help Alby. Look I don't know what it is, brave or stupid, but I believe he should be a runner."

"I agree with Minho. He was smart and a quick thinker, we need that in runners now" I spoke out again, causing Gally to look at me in shock.

"Woah, Minho , Y/n let's not race into things here." Fry said, Causing me to sigh. Standing up straight walking next to Gally to get my next point across to everyone clearly.