Chapter seven: Section 7

Teresa; the girl and Thomas believe they found a way to help Alby...

My heart stopped for a few seconds...

I don't know if I should trust it or not...

"You think this stuff will help Alby?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly as I turned the syringe of blue liquid round in my hands.

"Look, we don't know what that is, for all we know it could kill him!" Newt spoke up, he was looking over my shoulder with his hand around my waist, looking at the blue liquid that we had no clue about.

Nodding to what Newt said, as well as pointing at Newt while looking at Thomas as if to say 'he's got a point'. Pointing at Alby behind me; causing me to look at him. I gasp softly, looking at the man in the bed; who was shaking in pain, tossing and turning in his sleep. Newt's hand on my waist tightened as he turned me back to looking at Teresa and Thomas.

"He's already dying Newt, Y/n... we might as well try" Thomas spoke, calming his tone when he saw how scared I looked.

I didn't want to lose Alby. He was the first person I remember. I fiddled with my necklace around my neck as I thought back to the day I first met him. The necklace I was playing with was actually a gift from him... He gave it to me not so long after Luke died. It was a way of saying he wouldn't leave me even after he died.

Alby started thrashing around causing more of a problem of Thomas trying to inject the serum into him. Jeff and Thomas had to hold him down, in which case caused Teresa to inject Alby with the liquid.

Newt had previously told me; before we started this plan. To stay a safe distance from Alby in case this didn't work and he tried to attack me. Clint slowly started pulling me back as Alby started calling Thomas out for something he doesn't remember. I couldn't really catch because of the distance between the two of us and how fast he was going.

Gally came in a few minutes later, telling us it was sundown. Meaning he came to collect Thomas and put him in the pit. I gave a slight nod to Gally as he looked in my direction to check if I was ok.

Alby sat up suddenly after Jeff pushed him down, grabbing Newt's arm looking him in the eyes.

"Where is Y/n? Is she safe?" Removing from Clint's hold I walked towards Alby, taking place next to Newt. I gently held his hand in mine, placing a soft kiss on it.

"I'm right here Alb, don't worry. You saved me brother" I softly spoke out. Trying to stop the tears from leaving my eyes.

As Newt and Alby were talking I felt my eyes drop as I slowly fell asleep holding Alby's hand and leaning into Newt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearing the birds tweeting away woke me up. I found myself still in the med-jack hut along with Alby and Newt; who must have not wanted to wake me up.

Standing, I went to go and get ready for my run in the maze with Minho and thomas. Putting on my pack, I walked outside and told Minho to get Thomas from the pit.

Jogging over to Gally to tell him that Newt was incharge and not him. He then walked me towards the doors of the maze before going back toward Frypan.

I nodded to Thomas; who did the same in return, before I led the way into the dark corridors of the maze. Through the narrow walls, getting closer to the different sections of the maze; where the walls got wider and taller.

Soon enough we came up to the blades

"What are those?" Thomas asked, slowing his pace a little.