- 20 -

~(Y/n) Pov~

     Work was boring as hell, it had sustained little to no damage. Not many people had come by either, so it was really slow. I was using the counter to rest my eyes, my head propped up on my hand while my elbow was holding my weight up. The bell chimed, making me jolt up with a plastered smile on my face.

     "Welcome to the-" I stopped when I seen who it was, my smile becoming more natural. "Oh, Sai it's just you." I mumbled before going back to my former stance. He waved over to me before walking more into the building.

     "Figured I'd visit ya," he mumbled before standing in-front of me on the other side of the counter. I gave him a half smile, standing up straighter.

     "It's been slow as hell, so I appreciate it," I told him as I heard the bell ding once again. I looked over and saw some guy walk in. I ignored him, saying the small welcome I'm required to say before turning my attention back to Saitama.

     "So what time do you get off?" He asked as he moved to more of the edge so he wouldn't be in the way. I looked over at the clock, it was two thirty and I got off at three.

     "Just about thi-"

     "Mam, can I have some assistance?" The man from before announced, sounded annoyed. I sighed before leaving from behind the counter to see what he wanted.

     "How may I help you?" I asked him in the nicest tone I could muster, he looked me up and down before giving a gross smirk.

     "I can't reach that manga up there, you you get it for me?" He asked in a suggestive tone. He was taller than me, so he could obviously reach it. I gave him a look of annoyance before looking up to see what book he was pointing to that was a little above my grasp. Before I went to reach it, I felt someone press up against me. I recognized it was Sai due to his body type as more toned than the gross stranger who looked like he hadn't even looked at a gym in his life.

     "Here ya go," Sai mumbled before handing me the book, I gave him a thankful look as he walked over to the counter again. I then walked over to the counter to ring him up, then man seemed upset that his little plan didn't work. He handed me the money and then snatched the book and left.

     "Fucking creep.." I mumbled under my breath, but assuming from Sai's chuckle he heard me.

     "You get that a lot?" He asked, seeming more serious this time. I shrugged, not really noticing it.

     "No not really," I mumbled as I looked at the time. I now had twenty five minutes. "Mind staying here til I get off?" I asked him as I glanced over at him from the side. He wasn't wearing his hero outfit so I assumed he wasn't on patrol, plus I didn't wanna be bored to death before my boss got here to take over.

"Sure, I don't mind." He mumbled with a half smile as he started to look at one of the shelves. "Hey, do I get a discount since you work here?" He joked, as he pulled one off. I smiled, think for a moment.

"Since I don't have any family, sure, why not.." I shrugged, his eyes sparking when I agreed to it. It not that anyone was dead, they were still in America. I just wanted to come back to my origins and I came back to find Saitama since we had lost contact a few years after the move. It's not easy for two kids with no phones to actually stay in touch when they are countries away.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Sai placed a few books down for me to ring up.

"You okay?" He asked me as I started scanning and placing them into a bag, I gave him a questioning look. "Ya looked sad for a moment." He pointed to my face as I gave him his receipt after I showed him the price.

"I was just thinking about the past is all," I shrugged as I handed him the small bag with his books inside. "It wasn't easy when we moved and it especially wasn't fun when we lost contact." I mumbled as I rest my head in my palm.

"Yeah, we moved and I had forgotten to write back... It was kinda my fault." He rubbed the back of his neck, his face showing his guilt. I then leaned up over the counter and flicked him over the head. He looked shocked and gave me a questioning look.

"We were kids, it happened. We're back together now and that's all that matters," I told him with a small smile on my face. He gave a small smile in return before giving me a small head pat, to which I swatted his hand away in a playful matter. He chuckled softly as I did so, the mood lightening.

"Yeah, guess you're right," he mumbled as he made his way to the edge of the counter.

"Like always," I joked as I met him at the end. I wrote down the stuff for my shift change, hearing a ding at the door.

"Sorry for being late, monster attack," he mumbled as he came to my side of the counter. "Still going on I think.." I looked over to Saitama, giving him a nod. He returned it, taking his hoodie off to reveal the top part of his hero outfit. 'How did he manage to conceal that?' I thought to myself as he chucked the piece of clothing at me.

     "Take that home for me kay?" He asked as he threw off his jogging pants, chucking those at me too. He was wearing his boots already.

      "Alright, Superman.."I joked, he then asked where the monster was and ran off once he got the answer.

     "Must be nice, dating a superhero.." my boss commented, making my face flare up.

     "He's my friend, see ya tomorrow..." I mumbled, leaving the store and making my trek home. 'Why'd I get so flustered a minute ago?' I asked myself as I walked, holding Saitama's clothing close to my chest so I didn't drop them.

____________________

Word Count: 1080

_____________________