- 15 -

~(Y/n) Pov~

My face was burning as we continued to walk, Sai was nice enough to let me use his hoodie as a cover and walk behind me so no one would stare. I swear I'll kill Jason if he did this on purpose. Luckily it didn't take long for us to arrive to the Manga Shop, I dug into my pocket for my keys and pulled them out to open the door.

"Isn't it kinda weird you're opening on your first day?" I heard Sai ask me from behind as I opened the door, hearing the small bell chime as I did so. I shrugged as I walked in, leaving the door open so he could walk in behind me.

"He said he opened his first day so I guess not?" I questioned as I turned the lights on. "Wait here for a sec while I look for a different skirt.." I mumbled before going into the back of the store. It didn't take long for me to find the stock of uniforms, they were all kept in boxes near the manga stock and was labeled with either their size and 'm or g' for who they were for.

"Dammit.." I mumbled as I looked in the skirts in my size, they all were the same length so I went to the next size up. Hopefully it's not loose... I grabbed one before going to the bathroom to change, carefully setting Saitama's hoodie on the cleanish sink. I took the skirt I had off before slipping the bigger one on.

"Of course it's too loose... I'll have to just hem this one up," I grumbled before slipping the smaller one back on. I'd rather wear one that stays on over one I'd have to constantly be pulling up or holding the whole time. I grabbed the hoodie before going back into the main part of the shop.

"Looks like I'm stuck with this one till I get home to hem this skirt up to actually fit," I announced as I shut the door behind me. I looked over to find Sai reading one of the mangas as he was leaned up on the counter with the cash register. He looked up at me when I started talking to him and put the book back where I assumed he found it.

"Mind if I chill here for a bit? As long as it doesn't get you in trouble I mean..." He asked me as I handed him the hoodie back. He threw it back on as I thought for a moment.

"I mean, I don't mind. You might be bored though," I told him as I walked behind the counter he was once leaned up on. He shrugged as he pulled out his phone and seemed like he texted someone. I was too busy setting the cash register up for the day to really care who.

"I don't think I'll be bored," he mumbled before surfing his phone back into his pocket. "Genos is gonna watch your cat till we get back," he told me as I shut the register.

"We? Are you gonna stay here till my shift is over?" I asked him as I walked back out to check and see if I needed to restock any books. I looked over at him and he just nodded. "Sai, you don't have to stay here the whole time. I can handle myself ya know, I don't want you messing your day up cause my skirts a little short," he had a faint surprised expression. I knew that's why he was insisting on staying, he was always like this when we were younger.
———

"(Y/n) are you sure? I'll let you borrow my uniform's jacket.." Sai mumbled as he was trying to take his jacket off before I stopped him by putting my hand on his shoulder. I had started growing out my uniform and it was starting to show, I'll have my mom call them to asking for a new uniform once I get home.

"If I catch anyone lookin, I'll just sock em in the nose," I grinned as I held my fist up. He smiled in response.

"If you say so..."
———

I smiled at the memory before my focus back on the present.

"Are you sure? You've been in a lot of dangerous situations lately..." He wasn't wrong, ever since I moved back I've found myself in some rough situations. At the same time though, they were mostly monster attacks, only one was a normal human and I still needed rescued by Sai. I need to start working out again, I had been slacking ever since I went to America.

"I know, but still. I can't make you leave but just know I can handle myself," I told him before going into the back to get some more stock. The day was rather boring, not many people came in. I was kinda glad Saitama decided to hang around, I would've died of boredom if I stayed here by myself the whole time. He would talk about hero stuff or one of the mangas and we had in stock. I smiled as he would talk, it reminded me of school with him. He used to talk so passionately about being a hero one day, his eyes used to sparkle so bright with joy.

"Hey, (L/n), your shifts up." I heard Jason mumbled as he walked into the shop, he looked like he was hung over. I wrote down the shift change balance and gathered my things.

     "See ya Thursday!" I waved as I left the store with Sai walking by my side. He had a small bag in his hand as we walked, he had bought some of the books he had been looking for. "Which ones did you get again?" I asked as I peered up at him. He was taller than me by a few inches, we used to be about the same height when we were kids.

     "Just some of the new books from this one series I read," he mumbled as he handed me one of the books. I looked at the cover before handing it back to him. "If you haven't read them yet you can borrow mine whenever," he suggested, to which I smiled in response.

     "I'll have to take you up on that," I told him, poking his bicep. He nodded, we silently walked after that. The silence was interrupted by a large explosion going off behind us, I felt Saitama's arms wrap around as he shielded me from the debris.

———————————————-

Word Count: 1105