-17-

~(Y/n) Pov~

It had been about fifteen to twenty minutes after Saitama left and I was getting worried. I had taken the time to look up the threat levels the announcer chick was talking about. Apparently 'Dragon' is destruction to many towns, my body shook a little with fear after figuring it out. I clutched onto Pecan as the whole building began shaking, her meowing sounding distressed. I mumbled calming things to her as I felt claws dig into my arm. I winced as I continued to try and calm her down without having to rip her claws out of me. The shaking stopped after a few minutes, 'Thank god..' I thought to myself as I was able to get Pecan calm enough to set her back down on the ground. The claw marks were starting to bleed, but it wasn't bad since the scratches weren't that deep. I went outside on Saitama's little patio to see what was going in. There were fires in some areas, some really close by. Nothing hit the apartment strangely enough, but a lot of damage was done to the town. I felt Pecan rub up against my leg, a small meow leaving her small body.

"Guess Sai dealt with the meteor.." I mumbled as I crouched down to pick her up. She pawed the scratches on my arm, as if she felt bad for doing them. 'Probably my imagination.' I just smiled as rubbed the top of her head, a small purr rumbling out of her in response. I jumped when I heard a door slam open.

"The rubble didn't hit here?!"Sai exclaimed as his eyes rested on me. I shrugged and shook my head.

"Crazy right?" I asked with a small smile on my face. His face seemed to calm down from the tense expression he had when he busted in, but his eyes shifted to the scratches on my arm. They were just above the ugly scars that wolf monster had left behind. I sure seem to get a lot of injuries on this arm.. "It's fine, Pecan got scared and I probably freaked her out more so she scratched me." I explained as I set Pecan back down. He sighed, walking over to be and grabbing my uninjured arm and let me to his futon and had me sit down. I was confused but her him do so, he left for a moment. Pecan jumped up into my lap, curling up into a small ball.

     "It's not bad but it could still get infected.." Saitama mumbled as he entered the room with bandages and cleaning alcohol in his hands. I rolled my eyes in response.

     "I think I'll live, Sai..." I joked half heartily as he sat down beside me and poured the peroxide on my arm. I winced as it stung slightly from it cleaning out the scratches, he very softly dabbed the liquid off with a paper towel before wrapping it in some bandages. It made it look worse than it really was, I flinched a little when I felt him trace his fingers over the scars. I pulled my arm back from him, a glint of surprise on his face before it went back to his neutral state.

     "Sorry.."He mumbled, as he got up to change out of his hero costume. 'Why did I flinch like that?' I asked myself as I ran my hand down Pecan's small frame subconsciously. I mean sure they weren't pretty to look at and brought back bad memories but it's not like he made them. Does he think he hurt me? Knowing him he probably does, I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt the futon shift down beside me.

     "At least this won't scar," I said as I lifted my arm, trying to make light of the situation. He just hummed, signaling that he was listening but didn't wanna respond. "How'd you get good at dealing with wounds?" I asked him, trying to somewhat change the subject and get something out of him.

     "I got hurt a lot while I was training so I picked it up pretty easy," he explained to be as he leaned back with a sigh. I made a small 'oh' and leaned back as well. I felt Pecan get up and move into Saitama's lap.

     "Fucking traitor..." I mumbled, Saitama making a small chuckle in response. He petted her softly, as if he was afraid one wrong move would crush her.

     "Guess she just likes me more," He added fuel to the fire, making me scoff. He smiled in response as he watched my cheeks puff up as I did so. He poked my cheek, causing it to deflate. I smacked his hand away with a smile on my face, he had always done that when we were kids. He had a knack for keeping me calm...

     "(Y/n), what's wrong?" The young Saitama asked his friend who was in tears, but not of sadness. She was pissed, Hiro had messed with her yet again. The bigger boy had taken her toy for show and tell and refused to give it back no matter how hard she tried to get it back.

     "That jerk..." she mumbled and Saitama understood pretty quickly what the issue was. He sat down beside her as she tried to stop the tears from flowing, her cheeks all puffed out. He poked her cheek and she made a deflated sound, she giggled as she rubbed her face. She looked over at the boy, who was smiling like the goofball she knew he was.

     "We'll get it back, don't worry about it," he assured her as he gave her a huge hug. She smiled and happily hugged him back, nuzzling into his black hair since she was a little taller than him at the time.

     "Thanks Sai, you always know how to make me feel better," she mumbled softly as they parted.

     "What're friends for!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face.

     I looked over at Saitama again, he had his focus on Pecan. He's acting like he hasn't even touched an animal in years...

     "I hate to bring this up but you don't really act different, Sai," I blurted out. He looked confused as he met my gaze. "I mean you do these mannerisms that you used to do when we were kids." I explained to him, he thought it over. He stayed silent for a moment before smiling softly.

     "Guess you bring the old me out," he mumbled. The comment made my face warm up, but I ignored it.

     "That a good thing?" I asked him, he nodded softly before ruffling my (h/c) hair softly.

~3rd Pov~

     'Guess Genos was right, but I'll never admit it out loud...' The man thought to himself before clicking on the tv. The two happily watched tv together, most of it was the news about the meteor and the damage to City Z but they found a few cartoons they both enjoyed.

————————————

Word Count: 1177

Also, Happy Mother's Day!!