𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟕 - 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

Eldora and Caspian were in one of the castle's courtyards, Caspian was teaching how to wield a sword herself

Eldora and Caspian were in one of the castle's courtyards, Caspian was teaching how to wield a sword herself. After the incident, Caspain was slightly obsessed with teaching her how to defend herself.

Her body ached but she was a surprisingly good swordsman. She had dabbled in the art, her father before being thrown into prison believed in equality and hated that girls were seen as only housewives and not the strong people that they are.

Eldora had an interesting childhood, her mother had died from an illness not long after her third birthday. So she and her father engaged in a wide range of hobbies and traditions. The women of the village would teach her and other girls their 'womanly duties', she remembered being smacked over the head with a cloth for asking where babies come from.

But her father encouraged her to take up other activities like fencing and painting.  She often spent her days in the flower fields painting to her heart's desires, running and playing in the water, enjoying being a child.

That was until the day her father had been arrested, tensions were high on the island. Eldora had heard the hushed whispers of the women.

She recalled screaming as her father was dragged away. She learnt to keep a weapon on her after that.

But Caspian made her feel safe, she didn't feel the need to keep a weapon on her after meeting him.

That didn't mean she couldn't kick his ass in a round of sword fighting.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Now while Grisha practised multiple skills throughout their training, most would be surprised to see swords in the training rooms, as sword fighting was not an option nor were they trained in sword fighting.

That being they also hadn't seen the Darkling and their new King in the training rooms, nor the sun summoner.

So when they waltzed in and headed straight for the swords, both armed with smirks and confidence, all the Grisha could do was stare.

The sun summoner spoke first "ready to have your ass beat", gasps could be heard from around the room. No one had ever talked to their General, now King like that and lived. Most suspected romance or sexual activities between the two, but they did not expect the Darkling to let her get away with that.

All he simply did was continue smirking, "Doubtful, now shall we start"

They both step forward, the Grisha round forming a large circle. An intense fight started, at one point the Darkling had even been cut. But most surprising was their skill. They had the skills of fighters, not fencers, people who had fought wars with swords.

Guns fought wars now not words.

Then a bigger surprise happened about fifteen minutes into the fighting when Aurora managed to overpower the Darkling, trio his legs and make him land on the ground. Their King is on the ground from a simple sword.

Fear grew around the room, no one liked to lose, let alone a powerful man who doesn't very often. Most expected to see the new sun summoners head ripped off. Instead, they were greeted with a hearty laugh.