Chapter 30

1 year later

I cannot believe that it's been one year since I moved to New York.

I lived with Lily, for the first six months, then Chris asked me to move in with him.

It wasn't exactly a big shock as I think I spent most nights at his house anyway. We literally would see each other everyday between work and the constant need we felt to be close to one another.

I almost feel like I've been living in a dream since I met Chris. Work has been very busy, we have opened up another three refuge centers since Jersey.

Jake has visited a couple of times and we had a couple of weekends in Jersey, when we could spare the time between projects.

It's Monday morning, as I lay in bed I slowly turn to face a very peaceful looking Chris. He's still sleeping soundly. I cherish these moments with him, everytime I wake up next to him I have to nearly pinch myself to believe that this is all real, that this drop dead gorgeous man is all mine.

I softly stroke Chris' firm muscular chest. He slowly starts to wake up. His eyes suddenly meet mine and that heart melting smile stretches across his face.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Morning handsome."

Chris climbs over on top of me, resting his elbows either side of my head. I can feel him throbbing against my thigh, even after a year we are still as obsessed with each other.

I reach my hand down and start to stroke his hard throbbing cock, causing him to let out a low husky groan against my ear, making me shudder with desire.

Our alarm ringing on the bedside locker disturbs us from our moment as Chris reaches over to turn it off, leaving me aching for his hot body.

"Okay, times up. We need to get ready for work."

"Please say you're kidding me? You can not just leave a girl hanging like that."

He flashes me his award winning cheeky grin that drives me crazy.

"Sorry honey, but duty calls. We can't be late. Remember, it's the start of our new project today."

"You're going to pay for that Mr. Baker!"

"Hmmmm..... I'd like to see you try Miss Summers."

"Challenge accepted!"

(This is going to be good. I'll get him when he least expects it.)

I make my way to the bathroom and have a quick shower before throwing on a very fitted black dress, it comes up just above my knees and reveals enough cleavage just to tease Chris.

When I get to the kitchen Chris has my usual cup of hot black coffee waiting for me. As he watches me walk over to him he raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"Oh Ellie, you'll have to try harder than that. I'm not that easy to break."

I lean in against him, breasts pressed firmly against his hard chest and whisper in his ear.