Chapter 28

(Oh great, David, I certainly didn't want to bump into him today.)

"David, hi."

"Woah, I barely recognized you, you look hot."

"Oh, thanks I guess."

I can see David's eyes working their way up and down my body, it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

"Damn Ellie, why didn't you ever wear any dresses like that when we were together?"

"I guess I never had any reason to. If you'll excuse me, I've to get back to Jake and my friends."

"Oh that's right, today was the opening of that center thingy. Does that mean you're back home again?"

"Yes. I suppose for now it does."

David moves a little closer to me almost backing me up against the wall.

"You know you and I should really give it another go?"

I almost laugh as he says this, he has some bloody nerve. Does he really think that I'd take him back after him cheating on me?!

"Eh no David, that's never going to happen. What about your new girlfriend Amy? How would she feel if she knew you were trying to get back with your ex?!"

"Don't worry about her, I got rid of her a couple of days ago, she was too clingy."

"Ugh David, you really are a jerk."

I go to move and walk away but David grabs my hand.

"Ellie, you know you won't get anyone better than me, let's just give it another go."

"What the hell is going on here?!"

Our heads quickly snap around to see Chris standing glaring at us, more specifically at the strong hold David has on my hand.

"Jesus man, what is with you? You always have to stick your nose into other people's business, this is between Ellie and I and if I'm correct you're not even her boss anymore, so why don't you leave us to it?"

"Get your hand off her now before I physically remove it!"

"Seriously? What is the problem? We'll be finished in a few minutes."

"I'm not going to tell you again. Get your hands off my girl!"

(Huh? What the hell did he say that for? His girl?)

"Excuse me, since when was she your girl? As if you'd be bothered with her anyway?!"

Chris walks closer to us. I can tell by his face that he's absolutely fuming. I just hope that they don't get into a fight.

Chris pushes David's arm off me effortlessly. David wouldn't stand a chance against Chris' toned muscular body.

"You never deserved her when you had her, and lucilky you'll never have the chance to have her again. You'll never find a woman better than her, but lucky for me, your loss was my gain."

I don't even have a chance to register what Chris has just said to David. He pulls me into him, his lips mingling with mine. I'm so confused as to why this is happening, but as always when he kisses me, I forget about everything, and the desire for this man takes over my body.

I don't even know how long the kiss lasted, not long enough that's for sure. Chris gently pulls back to look into my eyes.

I turn slightly to see that David is no where to be seen. Then the realization hits me.

(Did Chris only kiss me to get rid of David?)

I feel that all familiar ache in my chest, surely at this point there's nothing left to break, my heart feels empty.