Chapter 22

After a long night of fighting with my thoughts of Hayley and Chris, I finally manage to get a couple of hours sleep. The next morning when my alarm clock starts ringing in my ears I just want to dive back under my duvet and stay in bed for the day.

No such luck. I get dressed and brush my hair. I put a little makeup on and go downstairs to the kitchen. I'm definitely having a breakfast this morning. I'm starving.

I have some fruit and some toast and my much needed cup of black, strong coffee. The beeping of Lily's car rings in my ears and I make my way out to her car.

"Good morning Ellie." Lily says with a bright smile on her face.

"I don't know, is it?"

"Oh stop, don't be such a drama queen. Of course it's a good morning. We are going out tonight remember?"

"Yes it was awfully good of you to tell me about that?" I say rolling my eyes at her.

"Whoops, sorry, but it completely went out of my mind when I was in your office yesterday. Maybe it was all that talk of you doing my brother that distracted me."

"Fine.... Whatever."

"Wow, your mood is getting better every morning."

"Must be the affect you have on me."

Our conversation continues with little jokes and jibes at each other, but I have to admit that Lily has a unique way of cheering me up. We get to the office and head our separate ways.

I walk straight past Hayley avoiding eye contact. I don't want to risk her saying another word to me. It would be enough to ruin my whole day!

I get to my office and get started, luckily I'm so busy today that the day goes really fast. Before I know it it's home time. The thoughts of having to get dressed up for this dinner, I couldn't be less enthusiastic if I tried.

Chris drove us both home, he finished a little earlier than usual so we both had time to get ready. We are meeting Lily and Ryan at the restaurant in town at 8pm.

I wear a fitted purple lace knee length dress, one of my many purchases from my shopping spree with Lily.

I do my makeup and hair and I slip on a pair of high heels. After I grab my purse I make my way downstairs.

Chris is sitting on the sofa..... As usual he looks as hot as hell, which makes this whole thing so much harder for me.

"Sorry... I hope I didn't keep you waiting?"

"No, not at all, you look beautiful Ellie."

I blush instantly under his gaze and from his compliment. "Thanks."

I want to return the compliment but my head doesn't let me.

"Shall we go?" Chris asks, with a small smile.

"Sure." I say nodding my head lightly.

When we arrive at the restaurant, I'm glad that I wore a dress, as it looks like quite a fancy place.

Chris opens the door into the restaurant for me. I walk in and spot Lily and Ryan at a table, with Lewis and some young attractive girl.

(What the hell is going on?! Why is Lewis here?)

"Chris.... I thought you said it would just be the four of us?" I say, trying to hide the nervousness on my face.

"Well yes, that's what Lily told me!"

(Oh great.... What is she playing at?!)

"Oh hey guys you're here. I'm sure you remember Lewis, and this is his sister Diane, they decided to join us for Ryan's birthday."