Chapter thirty-nine~Hollis

ابدأ من البداية

He nodded with a smile.

"So how soon can we adopt this little guy?" I asked the worker.

The women let us adopt him right then and there.  Luke and I were now proud parents of our own little puppy.

We now sat in the car, debating on what we should name him.

"So it a him." Luke stated.

"Yes, Lucas." I joked, "We established that."

He playfully nudged me.

"Winston, Ridge, Rosco, Cade?" He started naming.

"Winston?" I laughed.

"Hey, at least I didn't say Schmidt." He said, joking.

"You've been watching too much 'New Girl'." I laughed.

"You're the one who got me addicted." He said to me.

Very true.

I laughed and thought of some more names.

I named off some more ideas, "Milo, Reese, Carrington, Theo?"

"No. Just no." He sighed.

This was going to be a long process.

Eventually we picked the name Waco. Since he came from Texas and Waco was a place in Texas, it just made sense. Plus, it sounded like a pretty cool name. As a joke, we gave him the middle name of Schmidt.

Don't ask how it happened, it just happened.

And that's the story on how Luke and I adopted our little black retriever pup. Who we were head over heels in love with. He was the perfect addition to our little family.

Hollis

Hollis.Green: Waco Schmidt Craine-Green doesn't have the best ring to it but we still love him🖤 #dogmom

.....

The rest of my day consisted of hanging out with my little family and taking an online class. My one class of the day was pretty convenient considering I had more time to spend with little Waco.

I had finished classes and homework all up and was just answering emails in bed, cuddling Waco in the process.

Luke had been cleaning up and taking a shower. I clicked on one of the last emails and was shocked by the sender.

Set Active.

A workout athleisure brand.

I clicked onto the email and began reading.

Hey, Hollis! We're absolutely in love with your visions and ideas. We wanted to see if you're interested in partnering and creating your own collection with us. If so, reach out to us and we'll be in touch.