Enkrypted

First came the pain, then the confusion.

Slowly opening my eyes, I squinted against the bright light and then promptly closed them again, the hammering headache assaulting my nerves threatening to completely fry my brain at the faintest contact with light. A groan slipped past my lips as I groggily lifted my arm only to place it over my face, hoping that blocking out any sort of brightness would mend the panging in my skull.

It didn't.

''Oh, you're awake. Good.'' A random voice spoke.

With another groan I cracked a single eye open, peering at my surroundings. As far as I was able to tell, I was in a jail cell, lying on a makeshift bed which was actually just a flat surface that was slightly elevated.

''You're lucky your friend managed to get us those Ninja, otherwise you'd be here for a long, long time.''

''What, no Kryptarium Prison for me?'' I joked, my voice sounding rough and scratchy.

''Don't think too highly of yourself. That sorry excuse of a theft the two of you pulled doesn't get you a place among the most dangerous criminals of Ninjago.''

''Then we oughta think of something better the next time, huh?'' Slowly, I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to get them to adjust to the painfully bright white light. ''I'm thinking nuking Borg Tower just for shits and giggles.''

''We'll be sure to watch out for any suspicious levels of radiation, then.''

''Jesus, can't tell when someon's joking, can you?''

Finally looking up, I really took the room in properly for the first time. I was in a medium sized room that was sectioned into multiple jail cells through iron bars, although I was the only current occupant. Aside from the fluorescent white light coming from the lamps above, the only source of light were the wide but short windows at the very top of the walls with iron bars in front of them as well.

The policeman I'd been talking to was leaning against a cell opposite of me with crossed arms. He had brown hair that was partially greying peeking out under his cap and was probably in his mid fifties.

In the background, I heard a door open and shut, followed by whistling and the sound of steps on the tiled floor.

''Looks like your bail is here.'' The policeman said and left the room, shutting the door behind him and leaving me alone.

For a few minutes, I just sat there, not sure what to do or think.

Then, the door opened again and in came the policeman with Ronin in tow.

''So. Whatchu in for, kid?'' Ronin joked with a smirk as he crossed his arms and leaned against the bars.

''Ha ha, very funny, old man.'' I replied back with much less enthusiasm as the cop opened my cell with one of the keys on his keychain which clanked with every movement. ''I'd rather hear exactly what you did to score not only one but two get-out-of-jail-for-free-cards.''