Ch. 1: The Beginning

Another song ended and the crowd cheered once again as the boy on stage raised his microphone in the air.

The lights shone, his sweat glimmering, and a smile on his face as he listened to the cheers.

"Changbin! Changbin! Changbin! Changbin!"

"Changbin-hyung? Changbin-hyung... YAH, SEO CHANGBIN!"

"WAH!" the boy shouts as his propped arm slips off his desk and he wakes up from his daydream.

"See? I told you he wouldn't hear me if I didn't yell," Hyunjin, the school heartthrob from the same class as him tells his other friends while Changbin composes himself.

"What the- Yah, what's going on?" he asks as he looks at his friends who look at him with disapproval while shaking their heads.

"What were you daydreaming about your rapping again?" Jisung, the lovesick all-rounder of the group, tells him, clicking his tongue right after.

"Hey, why don't you just focus on your studies first instead? You wouldn't wanna repeat again, would you?" Felix asks him, his deep teasing voice reaching the boy's ears and causing a frown to form on his face.

"You guys are just envious you can't rap as good as me," Changbin retorts which almost immediately gains a response from Jisung. To be exact, a throat-clearing.

"Yeah, well, don't be so sure about that..." Jisung says, his gaze looking around while he holds his head high, hoping the others would get his point. They did, and he got a bunch of unamused faces in return.

"Shouldn't you guys just focus on your studies a bit more, instead? Why do you think you're all in Class 3?" Hyunjin tells them, his arms folded as his conceited tone hangs in the air, only to be broken by one of his friends.

"But you're in Class 3, too, though," Changbin says, and Hyunjin jerks before he turns his annoyed gaze towards him.

"Well, at least, I'm not a repeater!" he retorts and the others wear pained expressions on their faces, Changbin most of all.

"That's harsh, don't you think?" he playfully asks Hyunjin who just turns his head abruptly away from him while flipping his long flowy blonde hair.

"Gosh, you're being too proud of your hair too much, huh?" Felix tells him, a look of disapproval and disgust on his face as he looks at Hyunjin who just ignores him. "I mean... it's not like your hair is naturally blon-"

"Shush, Lee Yongbok!" Hyunjin immediately hisses at him, causing him to stop and shrug before turning away from him, only to see a lovesick Jisung in action.

"Ah, there she is," he says in his usual lovestruck voice everytime he laid his eyes on the school's female heartthrob, Park Juyeon.

"Oh boy, here we go again," Changbin says while rolling his eyes.

"Seriously, Jisung, you should stop," Hyunjin tells him, the boy soon turning to him with a sunny smile on his face. "You're even starting to look weird. Look at yourself!"

"He's lovesick! Always has been!" Felix says, a weirded-out expression on his face as he looks at Jisung.

"I mean, why wouldn't I be? Just look at her!" Jisung says, his tone never changing. "She's perfect. Her face, her hair, the way she moves so gracefully..."

"And she's also in Class 2-3 which pretty much means she's stupid," Felix adds in, earning a glare from the ever-so-loyal Jisung.

Hyunjin sighs while looking at Jisung pathetically. "If only you knew..." he says quite loud enough for him to hear. "You're just way too blinded by your feelings. That's not love, Jisung. That's sorcery. And I mean evil sorcery."