Chapter 14- Entitled

"So do we just run out?" Freddy whispered, leaning closer to the group.
"No." Venus laughed leaning back, "We calmly exit, when we're done eating."
Ella nodded, also looking much less tense than both of the boys.
"Guys." Antonys suddenly snapped, staring at the doors.
Entering the restaurant, was two cops.
The whole group immediately put their heads down, facing the table. Antony put his hood on, while Venus pretended to look out of the window.
"Today couldn't get any worse." Freddy mumbled.
"Yeah, and I think now would be a good time to ditch the food" Antony whispered, pulling his hood more.
"What?" Ella whisper-yelled, "Are you crazy! This is the exact opposite of a good time. The cops are literally here. If we leave, we get arrested."
Freddy sighed, "not if they catch us" he murmured.
"Hey" a voice said from beside the table.
Antony groaned, "Shit."
"What are you kids doing out? It's way past midnight." The feminine voice asked.
Venus kept her head down, "We came from a party" she said.
      "Mm." The cop mumbled, "Who are your parents?" She asked.
     The group fell silent.
If they answered that question, the cop would undoubtably know.
Clang!
Something from the back crashed.
The cop immediately spun towards the kitchen.
      "Good job Venus." Antony mumbled.
   Venus nodded, "Yeah yeah, don't celebrate now, we need to leave." She got up from the booth and slowly started walking to the door.
The group of teens behind her.
  They quickly made it to the door, and just as they were about to open it...
       "Hey." The cops voice rung through the restaurant, making the group freeze in place.
   "Where do you kids think your going?" The cop asked, walking towards them.
  None of them answered.
   The cop, who's badge said 'Officer Hicks', started heading towards Antony.
She yanked his hoodie off of his face and looked at him. Hicks eyes went wide as she stared at him.
       "Well, shit." She murmured. He was one of the missing kids. He was who they were looking for. Slowly the cop looked at the rest of the teens.
They all fit the description.
     "I need all of you to come with me." She said ushering over her other cop friend.
   The other cop ran over, and a same look had came over his face.
       Currently, the group of teenagers were mentally freaking out.
    "I've got this." Freddy murmured.
He focused, feeling all of the energy in the air.
Pop!
The lights went out, "Run!" Freddy yelled, pushing the door open.
    The whole team ran out, before the cop could even understand what happened.
     They all followed Freddy as he started to run beside the road. It was either that, or go back in that forest, and I think we all know, that would not be a smart idea.
     Venus realized something was off, the only light they were getting was from oncoming traffic.
     "Wait a minute!" Venus yelled running beside Freddy, "I think you blew out the whole block!"
      "Oh my god!" Freddy yelled looking around as they ran.
     Suddenly, a very loud siren was next to them. That's when they knew they were screwed. Big time.
    The cop pulled over as the team stopped running, all heaving on there knees.
    "You all need to come with me." The cop snapped, "Now."
       Venus looked up at her, and sighed.
They were really screwed.

"What made you guys run from home?" The cop asked as they drove down the road. All of them were crammed in the backseat.
        "We didn't." Antony groaned, trying to shuffle around to get more room.
       "Oh?" Hicks asked.
  Venus rolled her eyes, looking at the rest of them, "We can't tell them can we?" She whispered.
     Antony finally bursted, "We didn't run away, we were kidnapped by some random place called Granville industries and they tried to kill Freddy!" He yelled.
      "Never mind." Venus murmured.
Although the kids couldn't see the cops face, her mouth was the definition of shock.
         Granville industries.
That's exactly what Daphne said.

-

"Alister." Someone said, stepping into his office, "We found them, the kids." The women's voice was shaky, in fear.
       Alister was looking at papers on his desk. He lifted his head, taking off his glasses.
"Where?" He asked.
       "Last they were spotted, we saw them get into a cop car." She said.
    Alister smirked, "Samantha Hicks." He murmured. He looked up, "Don't do anything. I'll handle it." He stated.

-

"None of this is adding up." Hicks said, her hands were on her head, as she paced the police department.
        "Calm down." Dan said, typing more things on his computer, "We are going to figure all of this out."
      Hicks nodded, sitting in one of the office chairs.
    At the other side of the room, the group of teens were huddled in a group, talking. Hicks couldn't hear what they were saying, and she didn't try to, she was too stressed.
Everything they told her was almost to crazy to believe, yet Daphne said exactly the same thing, before she went missing again.

   "Do we run?" Ella asked, huddling closer to them.
     "Where?" Venus asked, "Where would we even run to?" She sounded defeated, and tired.
   Ella sighed, "I don't know."
Freddy shook his head, "It's going to be okay." He said, "Maybe they're going to help us."
    "No." Antony stated, "In comic books, cops are never helpful." He crossed his arms.
    "Antony how many times do we have to tell you, this is real life." Venus snapped.
     Antony frowned, "Listen! I'm just going off of what I know okay? Because this whole situation is shit. It's all just shit." He was now speaking full volume.
     They went silent. This time, it wasn't a comfortable silence, it was uncomfortable, and scary.
     "Antony, I'm sorry." Venus spoke up, "I'm just.. scared." She said.
    Antony looked at her, "No, I'm sorry. I just-it's the only thing I have. Comic books and you guys. That's all I have left." He sighed.

Hicks walked over to them,
"You can go home until we figure this out." She spoke, looking at each of there faces. She was hoping they would disagree with her, but none did.
     Instead, they nodded, each looking tired.
Hicks rubbed her temple, closing her eyes, she felt just as miserable as they all looked.
"Okay, we've got beds in the jail cells but they aren't comfy. Ella, Freddy come with me, you need to be cleaned up." She ushered.
     Ella grabbed Freddys arm as they began to follow the Officer, while Venus and Antony headed towards the cells.

"That's a nasty cut." Hicks said as she prepped one of her med kits.
Ella reached up to feel it, "Yeah." She murmured, "Its a knife cut."
"Alister?" Hicks asked, pouring alcohol on a cotton pad.
"Yeah" Ella sighed, "Ow!" She flinched, as the pad made contact with her cut.
"Stay still." Hicks snapped, moving it closer again.
Freddy grabbed Ellas hand and squeezed it slightly, to help Ella relax more.
"So," Freddy began, "Why help us?" He asked.
Hicks paused, looking over at him, "Because, this isn't the first time Alister has kidnapped kids."
Freddy shuffled in his seat, "What do you mean?" He asked, feeling Ellas hand tense.
"Well, He moved into town a long time ago. He was the typical rich snobby person, and for some reason he chose to move here. I never noticed anything at first, all I knew was that he owned the old building on 22nd street." She paused, adding more alcohol to the pad, "Then we had our first missing kid. I was a new recruit for the police department, so I didn't know much, but according to the senior officers, they never had missing kids.
A few missing kids later, and one finally comes back, she's all torn up, looks like she's on the brink of death, and she wouldn't stop talking about Granville industries, and Alister." She took a deep breathe, "I tried to help her, but she ran away again." Hicks sighed
"Daphne," Freddy and Ella said at the same time.
Hicks snapped her head at them, "What?! How do you know that?!" She asked, her eyes wide.
Ella was taken back by her reaction, "It was in one of the files, at Granville" she explained.
Freddy frowned, "That's all you know about alister?" He asked.
Hicks nodded skeptically, "Yeah, he's always been a bit weird. I mean, slowly I got to know him more, and then... one day, he came in the station , I could tell something was wrong, because him and the chief immediately went into his office. They talked, and when they were done, Chief looked traumatized. Later he told us that if Alister demands anything, we listen." She said, getting a new pad.
"Well, what did he tell the chief?" Freddy asked.
Hicks shook her head, "I still don't know," She murmured.
"But we're gonna figure it out."