Chapter 12- Past

Bellingham Washington-
Daphne

"A bag please" Daphne said.
A hood covered her eyes while a black mask was covering here lips and nose.
The cashier nodded, shoving her items in the bag and handing it over to her, "Thank you for choosing Bellingham mart, for your shopping experience." The cashier murmured, obviously bored
Daphne nodded taking the bag, and swiftly exited the store. She made sure to keep her head down and the hood over her eyes.
Just as Daphne was about to open the trunk to her car, something interrupted her.
"Help me!" Someone yelled.
Daphne sighed, leaning her head against the car. She really wasn't in the mood for this.
Slowly she opened the trunk, ignoring  it, and putting the bag in her car.
"Please!" The women's voice yelled again. Daphne rolled her eyes.
Every time she wanted a break, she couldn't have one.
She slammed the trunk door, and before she could move around the car, something stopped her.
"Your not going to help?" The person asked, crossing his arms. He was wearing tan colored khakis, that had obvious tear marks in them, and his brown hair was all ruffled.
All together he looked a wreck.
"Help who?" Daphne asked.
The man tilted his head, "The women who's yelling." He frowned.
"Why would I help her?" She murmured, stepping back from him. A normal person would be afraid, but Daphne had an advantage
"Don't play dumb Daphne." The man said suddenly. That was an immediate trigger. No one in this town knew Daphne's real name.
Daphne gritted her teeth, clenching her fist, "How do you know my name?" She snapped.
The man put his hands up, "Come on." He said, "You don't recognize me?" He murmured, with a slight bit of hurt in his voice.
Daphne thought for a minute, until it clicked. His facial features had changed so much since they last met.
Her eyes widened as she remembered who he was, "Sam?" She asked.
       "It's me" he smiled before she engulfed him into a hug.
     "It's been so long" she murmured, pulling away from him.
      "Yeah, and we've both been through hell." He laughed slightly, before he realized what he said.
      Daphne looked down, "I'm sorry" she said, "I had to get out of there and I wasn't sure if you were going to ma-"
   -"It's fine!" He interrupted, "I made it out didn't i?"
      She nodded, "Yeah, but... but you shouldn't have even come in the first place." She ran her fingers through her hair, "I mean, I would've made it out without you."
      He shook his head frowning, "Woah woah woah. When I got there you where the main guinea pig, I practically saved you."
     She rolled her eyes, "Yeah but at what cost?" She asked, her heart pounding out of her chest.
    He smiled a sad smile, "Daphne." He stated, "You really think I would just let my best friend be tortured by some crazy facility?"
     She sighed, "No I suppose not." Daphne said looking at the ground again.
They stood there for a few seconds.
     "Help!!" The women screamed again.
  Sam grabbed Daphnes hand, catching her attention, "Let's do this together." He said.
Daphne smiled at him, turning towards the yelling.

The two men took a hold of the women, as she struggled in their grasp.
"Help!!" She yelled, kicking, scratching, and biting, but none of it was doing any good. The men were dragging her away.
She didn't know what they wanted, but just that they weren't good news.
    "Leave her alone boys!" A feminine  voice yelled.
The men faltered for a minute, trying to find who said that, and where they were.
After nothing happened they began trying to move the women again.
     "Let me go!!" The women yelled.
They did.
The men's grasp on her loosened, and she felt them let her go.
    She turned around, but they were no where to be seen. Until she looked up, of course.
    There, about 20 feet in the sky, the men where engulfed by water, just floating.
      "W-what the..." the women murmured stepping back.
     "You okay ma'am ?" A voice startled her, she whipped her head around, only to see another man. Her immediate reaction was to run away from him in fear, but instead she tripped and fell.
    "Hey!" He tried to catch her, but it was no use, she landed on her butt. "I'm not going to hurt you." He said frantically.
    The women didn't listen, instead stood up, and sprinted away from him.
      Sam face-planted as he watched her run down the alley. This was not how it was supposed to go.
He turned around and watched as Daphne slowly lowered the now unconscious men to the ground.

     "Uh. Sam?" She asked.
He walked towards her, watching as she stared down the men.
      Daphne bent down, picking up the ID out of the mans suit pocket.
Her eyes where wide as she handed it over to Sam.
He had the same reaction, because the badge had a logo that both of them never hoped to see again..

Granville industries.

-