Chapter 8- Mr. Alister

Freddy slowly sat up, the fluorescent lights making his eyes squint. He felt the cold surface beneath him, and he soon realized that it was a bed. The room around him was small, with a metal bed, along with a desk, and chair. The walls were white, with slight grime at the creases.
Everything seemed so dull, and unsettling. Not to mention the whole room was just cold enough, to make someone uncomfortable.
         Freddys heart pounded as he remembered what happened.
  They had got caught. He remembered everything.

        Freddy sprinted down the hallway, Ella's hand was holding his own, as they both tried to escape.
    Echoes of groups of footsteps were bouncing off the wall, and Ella could feel every one of them. Her senses were 10 times more advanced than when she was calm, let alone when she was panicked. 
  She knew exactly where the people were coming from, yet somehow she failed to see the other pod of them that was about to come around the corner.
      Freddy turned the corner sharply, still holding onto ellas hand.
   Ella immediately came to  skid, pulling Freddy back, to get him to stop running. There, in the hallway were 5 men. They stood, until one of them came forward, heading straight for Freddy.
     Of course, Freddy was used to getting in fights at school, so he figured this would be the same. I mean how different can this be?
       The man threw a punch straight towards Freddy's head, but he dodged it, by ducking quickly.
       "Ella, Go!" Freddy yelled, dodging another punch from the man.
Ella shook her head, stumbling back slightly.
       "I'm not going to leave you Freddy!" Ella said, her voice shaky.
Two of the men then headed straight for Ella with no hesitation.
   Her immediate reaction was to run away, but instead she froze. Staring at the men, as they violently grabbed her shoulders.
     Ella yanked in their grasp, until she felt a prick on the back of her neck.
She watched Freddy, as the guy slowly overpowered him. The lights flickered off, "Freddy!" Ella yelled, before her vision got blurry. She felt nauseous as the world spun around her.
       Then everything went dark.

   "Ella." Freddy murmured, remembering everything.
He stood up from the bed, scanning the room with his eyes. He noted that the door was locked, and there was a camera in the top left corner of the room.
     Freddy sighed, sitting back down. He ran his hands through his dirty blonde hair. Deep down he blamed himself. He was the leader of the group, He was the one, who was supposed to protect them. Yet, he failed. He should've listened to ella. She warned them. She knew somehow.
      A loud buzz noise sounded through the room, making freddy jump.
The door creaked open, revealing a tall man, wearing a dark suit. His face was shaded over until he stepped inside.
    Freddy stood up, crossing his arms as he did so.
          A voice from the ceiling spoke,  "Freddy Adams, Subject number: 41. Electromagnetic manipulation
        The man with the suit nodded, turning his attention back to Freddy.
   Freddys posture raised, "Where am I? And what did you do to my friends?!" He asked, strongly.
     The man smiled slightly, "Welcome to Granville industries Freddy." He murmured, taking a few steps forward.
     Freddy frowned, "No" he whispered, then looked up at the man, "No! That's not possible, Granville industries is abandoned." Freddy said, His voice raising with each word.
        The man chuckled, "You can call me Mr. Alister." He said, ignoring Freddys comment all together.
          Freddy shook his head in anger, "Where are my friends?!" He asked.
     Alister smirked, his eyes almost glowing an evil red, "Don't worry Adams. I assure you, no immediate harm will come to them." His voice pitched up at the end, Making that statement seem like a lie.
      Freddy huffed, "Let us go! Or I promise, we will make your life a living Hell" he snapped, his temper rising.
    That's when Freddy noticed, The unusual change inside of him felt like it was being repressed. He couldn't feel the electricity in the air anymore.
       Alister squinted, tilting his head up.
He noticed Freddys expression.
  "I gave you those abilities Adams, That means I can take them away too" He said proudly.
      "No." Freddy murmured holding out his hands, "You didn't give us them, some weird rock did." He said.
       Alister nodded, "Who do you think aloud you to get near that rock? We watched the whole time, waiting for some stupid teens to stumble upon it. You are merely an experiment." He smirked.
      Before Freddy could say something back, Mr. Alister walked out the door, leaving Freddy alone, and trapped.

-

"Venus!" Ellas voice piped up, "Venus!! Get up!"
  Venus stirred for a minute, before shooting up from the bed.
    Ella was by her side, holding her shoulders, with a panicked expression.
      Venus frowned as her eyes adjusted, "Where are we El?" Venus asked looking around.
   This room was the same as Freddys, but with two beds, instead of just one.
   "I-I don't know. I remember blacking out, and then waking up here" Ella stuttered.
     Venus nodded, frowning "Me too" she said sliding her feet off the bed.
   She stood up by Ella, as her eyes scanned the room.
"We need to get out of here." Venus murmured.
    Ella held Venus's arm, clinging onto her, "Agreed" she whispered to Venus.
Ellas stomach dropped, everything was wrong. Even though the change felt like it was being suppressed, she could still hear most things, as they were advanced.
Ella perked up once she heard the footsteps of someone approaching, "Someone's coming" Ella said, frowning.
A loud buzz followed by a clip, echoed through the room.
The door slowly opened, revealing mr. Alister in all his glory.
Venus tensed, stepping back slightly.
The door came to a slam behind him.
"Venus White subject number 42: Telekinetic abilities." The voice through the ceiling spoke. Ella jumped, startled, she looked up where it was coming from.
Alister nodded, "And the other?" He asked the ceiling.
"U-Uhm, Ella Smith subject number 43: Enhanced senses." The voice shook slightly.
Venus frowned, staring at the random man, "How do you know all of that? Who are you?" Venus asked, as Ella clang to her side more.
The man smirked, "I'm Mr. Alister." He murmured, picking up a pen off of the desk.
"My team has been watching you all for awhile." He said, fiddling with the pen.
Ella stepped further away from the man, "What team? Where are we?" She asked.
Alister dropped the pen, "Welcome to Granville industries" He said in a menacing voice.
Ella immediately felt a searing pain run through her head. She stumbled back, falling to the ground while putting one hand to her temple.
"Ella?" Venus asked, stepping towards her.
Ellas vision started to blur, as the pain became unbearable.
"What did you do to her?" Venus said through gritted teeth.
Alister smirked again, "I'm not doing anything, Her abilities are breaking through." He stated, watching her on the ground.
Ella groaned in pain, grabbing her head harder.
"Wh- What?! Help her!" Venus yelled at him, ducking beside Ella.
Ella suddenly passed out, leaving her lying on the ground beside Venus.
A loud click rang through the room, as Venus whipped her head around to face what it was she noticed the door was closed, and Mr. Alister was gone.

-

"Cant keep us in here forever!!" Antony yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.
    Antony, like Freddy, was in a room alone,
But unlike Freddy, Antony had hope, because he knew that nothing bad happens to the superhero's.
      Antony crossed his arms, staring up at the camera.
   "Help her!!!"
  He jumped, hearing Venus's voice echo through the building. 
     His instincts kicked in, and Antony ran to the door, trying to pound it open with his fists.
   Awhile ago, Antony realized his power was being suppressed. That made his hope drop slightly, but it was still higher than Freddys.
        Antony grunted, stepping back from the door. It was no use. The door was metal, pure metal.
          Suddenly the door opened, making Antony step back.
        Yet again, it was Mr. Alister.
    Antony stood his ground, "What are you doing to them?" He asked through gritted teeth.
         The man smirked, before another voice spoke up.
     "Antony Meyers Subject number 44: Pyrokenetic abilities." The ceiling voice said.
        Antony smirked, "Damn right I have Pyrokenetic abilities. So you better let me out of here before I have to use them." He said.
   The man chuckled, catching Antony off guard slightly. "Antony." He spoke, "I've heard your a big fan of comic books"
         Antony shuffled slightly, "And?"
The man tilted his head, "So you must know a lot, about stuff like this." He said.
         "Yeah. What's your point?" Antony asked.
The man straightened his suit jacket, "My point is. You must think you can stop us. Let me tell you a little secret. You cannot. Welcome to the real world Antony. Welcome to Granville industries." He spoke, holding his head high.
     Antonys eyes widened, as he tried to keep a straight face, "I think you underestimate us." He said seriously.
            The man smirked, amusingly, "Is that so? You realize I am the one who allowed you to have those abilities. I am the one who placed the trap there, for any useless teen, as yourself, to walk into." He said stepping forward.
        Antony squinted stepping towards the man also. "Well what you don't realize, is that you didn't choose any 'Useless teens'. You just chose the four most unique kids in all of Granville.
We aren't just some random teenagers you can experiment on.
We're family." Antony said, "So yes, you did underestimate us, and I want you to know, that this is a Comic where the good guys win." He finished.

-