Chapter 10- Not a game anymore

"Zach." The women said, "Alister needs you in his office".
      Zach tensed, as he stopped what he was doing. He turned away from his computer and looked at her.
"Okay." He mumbled, "I'll be right back" he said to his daughter whom was sitting right beside his office chair.
      He walked down the hallway. Anxiety was practically pumping through his veins.
He was nervous and scared, facing Alister was the last thing anyone wanted to do.
         When Zach finally reached the office doors he stopped for a moment. Hesitating on whether he should open it or not.
       Finally he gained enough courage, opening the door.
       There, in the comically large desk, sat everyone's worst nightmare. Alister.
    Zach slowly closed the door, careful not to make any noise as he walked towards the desk.
     He stood there in silence, waiting for Alister to acknowledge him.
The only noises was a clock, slowly ticking. The tiles on the floor and the wall where a medium grey, that gave his office a longer look.
      Finally Alister looked up from his papers, "Ah, Zachary. Just the person I wanted to see" He smirked, his eyebrows low.
       Zach nodded, as his body shuddered with fear.
    Alisters smile only got wider, "Olivia, your daughter. She's quiet the charm." He said, as his smile slowly fell.
      Zach nodded again, "Thank you, sir" he said.
      "So much of a charm in fact... that she called the cops" Alister mumbled, staring at his computer.
      "W-What?!" Zach asked, his heart was beating out of his chest.
     Suddenly Alister turned his computer screen around, so that Zach could now see it.
     The screen revealed a black and white video, that appeared to be the camera that was located in the hallway.
   Zach watched as Olivia reached up to the rotary phone, and slowly dialed 9 1 1.
     Alister hummed, "You should be glad.  Luckily they didn't find us" he said firmly.
      Zach's eyes widened, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into her, I-I promise I won't ever bring her here again." He stuttered.
     Alister nodded, "Yes. You will both, never come here again." He stated.
       Zach nodded, and then realized what Alister had said, "Wait! W-What?" He asked.
    The office doors bursted open, as two large men took a hold of Zach.
    "Please!!" He yelled, while they drug him out, "Please don't do this!" He pleaded, yanking in their grasp.
     Alister didn't change his expression, because this was the least of his concerns.
Plus it's not like he hasn't banished people plenty of times.
        "As for the kid, Sir?" A voice asked.
Alister looked up, as he snapped out of his trans.
        "Oh" he mumbled, "Take her to one of the cells. I'm sure we can... find something." He said smirking.
      The guard nodded, before exiting the office.
Then, Alister was left in silence, again.

Just as he liked it.

-

Ella slowly sat up.
The ground was cold beneath her.
          "Ella!" Venus called, running over to her.
Venus crouched beside her immediately.
       Ella blinked, "What happened?" She asked, her voice low.
       "Uh-I don't know. You were out for hours" Venus said quickly, "You just collapsed in pain. Remember?" Venus asked.
      Ella held the bridge of her nose, "Kinda" she murmured, "It's all a blur."
        Venus nodded, staring at Ella with worry, "Do you know what it was?" Venus asked.
        Ella shook her head, "I don't know."
She frowned suddenly, feeling the change inside of her rise again. It was like it wasn't being suppressed anymore, and it felt good. Like a weight lifted off of her chest.
        "I can feel it again" Ella  murmured looking around.
         Venus moved closer to her, "Wait feel what El?!" She asked.
        "That feeling" she said, locking eyes with Venus, "I can hear and sense everything again." She said.
         Venus felt a spark in her chest.
That spark was hope.
        "H-How?" Venus asked.
Ella smiled, "I don't know" she replied, "But that's good, Right?"
       Venus nodded, "Yes!" She exclaimed, "Yes, it's better than good. Maybe we can find a way out of here and-"
    The door swung open.
     At the blink of an eye Ella was being forcefully taken out of the room by several people.
       "NO" Venus yelled, running towards one of the men. She tried to stop them, by hitting one of the men.
    That failed miserably, as one of the men threw Venus against the wall. Her head made collision with it, leaving her totally defenseless on the floor.
     "VENUS!!" Ella yelled as she was taken away, the door slammed.

       Venus put one hand on the back of her head, feeling where she had fell.
  When she pulled her hand back It was covered in dark blood. It dripped all over her fingers and onto the white tiled floor.
       Venus muttered curses under her breathe as she tried not to pass out.
Her head had a heart beat, making everything feel like it was hurting.
       She felt a tear role down her cheek.
The hope that was built up, was now gone. Long gone.
   It hurt, like the feeling of a bandaid, when it didn't fully rip off. The disappointment.
       Venus sobbed on the ground, silently. It hurt to cry, but she had to. It was all pent up, she had to get it out.
The pain was coming out all at once, and it hurt.
   This wasn't just pain from being kidnapped, no. This was more.
    This pain started at her father. How careless he was. How he never cared for Venus. How he never cared for her mother.
        The Pain also started at Granville. When they first went to that stupid building. That building that changed their lives forever.
       The feeling of being alone was eating at her the most. She missed Freddy, and Antony.
      Venus just wished they could go back in time. Maybe she could convince them not to go into the building.
She could save them.

-

"How did you do it?" Alister asked her.
He circled Ella, a knife in his hand.
   Ella cried, "Please!" She begged, "I don't know."
      Alister smirked, "Your lying." He stated.
Ellas face was pale, and tear streaks where drawn down her face. One singular knife cut was on her cheekbone.
        Ella shook her head, "I swear, I swear" She repeated, "I swear"
        Ella yelled out in pain as Alister whipped his knife across her face once again.
          "You managed to push through the prescription we gave you." He stated, moving closer to her, "How."
         More tears ran down Ellas cheeks, "I-I told you! I don't know!" She cried.
        Another cut.
  "Your making this harder than it has to be." He snapped.
          The blood slowly trickled off Ellas face, and onto her shoulder.
          Alister exhaled in frustration. Slowly he pulled out a handkerchief, and wiped off his knife. Being delicate, as if he didn't just use it on someone.
          "Fine" he said, "We can do it the hard way." Alister smirked, "Bring in one of them"

Ellas face contorted into confusion.
   Sadly, only a minute later her confused look turned into terror. 
       Freddy was thrown into the room by one of the men, and slowly they tied his hands to the wall.
         "Leave me alone." Freddy snapped, in his usual cocky tone.
His face dropped when he faced Ella.
"Ella? What did they do to you?" He said.
Freddy tried to move closer to her, but the chains held him back.
          Alister moved beside Freddy, his knife still in his hand. "See what happens Ella." Alister murmured, slowly bringing the knife to Freddys neck.
   Freddys eyes widened, staring down at the knife.
       Ella gasped, "No! No, Take me instead" She yelled, yanking in her own chains, "Please Take me!"
      Alister smirked, "But this is way more fun" he said staring at Freddy, "Now tell me." He looked at her, "How?"
      Ella yanked at the chains, "How many times!! I don't know!" She cried. "I felt something. I felt the change return." She explained, almost yelling.
       Alister lifted the knife more, bringing Freddy on his tip toes, "That helps me none." Alister said.
       Freddys eyes never left the knife. His face was pale, and all of  the hope that used to be there, was now non existent.
       Ellas eyes widened, "Please!" She yelled, "I cant explain it! The energy inside of me just pushed through! I don't know!" She cried.
        "Interesting" Alister tipped his head.
He yanked the knife away from Freddy, which made him stumble down to his feet.
All that was left was a line of blood on Freddys neck, where it barely cut.
          Ella breathed a sigh of relief.
    "Kill the boy." Alister muttered before walking out of the door.

-