Chapter 7- Home

Antonys mom paced through the dark living room. Her hands were slightly shaky, as she fiddled with the ring on her finger. Millions of thoughts running through her head.

    Antonys dad grabbed a drink and was about to head to the couch.
His eyes rolled, as he watched his wife pace.
"Charlotte sit down. I'm sure he's fine" he mumbled, sitting down.
    "Ted, what if we did him wrong" she stopped pacing and stared at him, "What if he ran from us. It's been a whole day. Usually he's back by now" she said, throwing her arms up in the air.
    Ted cocked an eyebrow. His lips staying perfectly in line. "He's probably at Freddys house or something," he said.
    Charlotte shook her head, "I called. He's not at anyone else's house" she said running her hands through her hair. Then she suddenly felt anger arise in her, "You shouldn't have yelled at him Ted!" She began to pace once again.
      Ted sighed,"That kid deserves it sometimes" he mumbled while taking another sip of his drink.
   Charlotte kept pacing. Over and over again.
Back and forth, and back and-
      "Damn it Charlotte just sit down!" Ted snapped setting down his drink.
"If you're that worried, just file a missing person report. I don't have time for this!" He said as he got up from the couch, taking his drink with him.
     Charlotte now stood in the living room alone.
Her eyes were fixed on the landline telephone, as she debated to call or not.
   Charlotte was worried, that as soon as she would call,, Antony would show up, but that was a risk she was willing to take.

-

"Hm." Venus's mom hummed, setting down the phone. Her eyes were droopy, since she had just gotten off of a long day of work, and her hair laid on top of her head, in a messy bun. The bun was not intended to be messy, but as the day went on, it became that way.
   Venus's mom had just received a call from Charlotte. Something about Antony missing.
Of course, this was no surprise, considering Antony was always out doing things.
       Suddenly Jacob entered the kitchen, his eyes staring down at his Nokia, as he was playing The Snake game.
"Mom, why isn't Venus home yet." He asked, not looking up from the device.
   Venus's mom frowned, "I don't know. How long has she been gone?" She asked, suddenly feeling slightly uneasy.
     Jacob sighed, setting the Nokia on the counter. He had just lost the game.
"Well she didn't come home yesterday night, and she's been gone since then." He said crossing his arms.
     Her eyes widened. Venus's mom hadn't checked on Venus yesterday night, simply because she had assumed that she was already asleep. Considering that Venus's mom had gotten off work way later than usual.
     Jacob frowned, "Is she in trouble?" He asked, a concerning tone in his voice.
     Her mom straightened her back, "No. I'm sure she's fine. Go straighten your room." She ordered. Trying not to show the worry she hid.
  Venus's mom watched as Jacob sulked down the hallway, getting back on the Nokia.
   As soon as she heard his door shut, she walked into the living room.
   There, in the reclined seat, was Venus's father. In his hand a beer, and on the tv, football.
He was passed out.
"John." Venus's mom said, shaking his shoulders to get him to wake up. "John wake up" she said, shaking them even harder.
    "Hm?" He groaned slowly, opening his eyes, "Oh, Hi Deanna." He said groggily.
Deanna rolled her eyes, "Where is Venus?" She asked, crossing her arms.
   "Uh." He looked around, his eyes still slightly shut, "Probably working." He mumbled.
      "Her shifts are in the morning John. It's dark out, and Jacob says she's been missing since yesterday." She said, getting more irritated by the moment.
   "That's crazy" he said, closing his eyes again.
Deanna huffed, heading back towards the kitchen, and by the phone.

      "This is Darla speaking" a feminine voice said through the phone.
Deanna fiddled with the phone cord, "Yes, Darla. Have you seen the kids? I got a call from Charlotte that Antony has been missing since yesterday. Venus is too." She mumbled.
    "Oh, I assumed the kids were with you guys." Darla said, a slight bit of concern hinting at her voice.
     "So you haven't seen them?" Deanna asked, sighing.
      "I'm sure they're at Ellas. Don't worry about it." Darla spoke. She was also trying to convince herself not to worry.
      "And Freddy didn't tell you?" Deanna asked, knowing Freddy always asked permission for everything.
     There was a pause on the other line.
"No. He didn't" Darla mumbled, as her face scrunched up into a frown.
    "I've got to let you go, I'm going to contact Kenny" Deanna said, as her heart was pounding out of her chest.
      "Let me know what you find out." Darla mumbled.

_

Kenny set down the phone.
His face full of concern, and worry.
   Ella would never run away, let alone not tell him she's going out.
Now she's missing, along with all of the other kids.
    "Kenny, what's that look for" his wife Ally said, crossing her arms.
    Kenny shook his head, "All of the kids are missing" he said, almost in disbelief.
Ally frowned, she was also trying to comprehend what he just said.
    "Are they not at-
Ally went to say, but was interrupted by Kenny.
    -"Nope." He sighed, "They're not at anyone's house." Kenny said.
    "Well, I'm sure they're okay." Ally walked towards him, putting a reassuring hand on his back.  "I know Ella. She wouldn't just run away like that." She mumbled to him.
      Kenny nodded, looking at the ground.

-

Darla crossed her arms, leaning against the counter. The only thing lighting up the house was a light in the kitchen. It was like the darkness from the sky, swallowing the rest of the room.
   Freddy wasn't home, so there was an unusual silence. The only noises, where crickets chirping, and an occasional creaking of the house.
     Darla worried herself, just by thinking about it.
First she assumed, maybe he just needed a break from the family, so he and all the group went out. Then, she thought about how he would've told her.
Second, she thought that he left her. Maybe he was tired of being there, so he just left. Maybe the trauma from Ron, affected him so greatly.
   Ron was always super hard on Freddy. Instead of getting a father, Freddy got Ron.
    Third, she ran through all of the terrible instances that could happen to him.
Car crash, kidnapping, maybe he got jumped, or even A murder captured them.
            Sadly, Darla wouldn't see Freddy for awhile. As would the rest of the parents.

-