Prologue

10 years ago...

Granville, Ohio. March, 1981.

"I told you." Daphne muttered, "It's extra creepy." She said adjusting the grip on the books in her arms.
The boy who is named Sam shook his head, "No Daph, your just paranoid." He sighed dramatically as they walked down the road. The sun slightly glaring in their eyes because of how low it was.
"Sam I'm not being dramatic." She huffed rolling her eyes.
For once, Daphne felt that she actually wasn't being dramatic. Something was seriously wrong, and Sam couldn't understand that.
Sam sighed, and stopped walking, "Alright, see you tomorrow okay?" Sam turned to her as he started heading towards the front door. Daphne nodded at him, as she watched him head inside. The worry still filled her.
   Slowly she started heading back home, the sun setting as she took every step. Until soon the sun was completely gone. Making daphne feel ten times less safe. Every minute or so Daphne would whip her head around, making sure no one was stalking her.
Only if she had looked a little closer.
In the shadows two men followed, watching her.
Daphne was oblivious to them, although she could feel someone/something following, she brushed it aside.
  The two men got closer to her, until soon they had grabbed her, putting a chloroform towel over her mouth. She kicked for a minute until the effects kicked in, and she was out.

Waking up, Daphne groaned. The bright lights affected her vision, and her head started to pound. That's when her heart dropped. She remembered what had happened, the men, the walk, the kicking.
She slowly began to see around her, noticing she was in some type of doctors chair, except she was tied down. The light above her shown directly into her eyes.
The door to the office slowly creaked open. Daphne couldn't see the man that had walked in because of the way she was laying, but slowly he came into vision. He wore a doctors coat, and scrubs. For a minute Daphne considered he could be here to help her. Or maybe the cops had found her and taken her to the hospital after the men took her.
Sadly, That was far from what happened.
"Feeling any effects yet?" The doctor asked a slight accent to his voice, Daphne frowned at him. All she felt was a slight bit uneasy, and an unsettling change inside of her.
"Where am I? What happened?" She asked suddenly, blurting our questions.
The doctor frowned, holding a clip board in his hands, "Your at Granville Industries." He stated, "Now," the man pressed a button, making Daphne slowly sit up, "What changes do you feel?" He asked.
"I-I don't know," Daphne said, she was scared. And for a good reason too.
The man hummed, "Try to move that." He said pointing at a can on the floor.
Daphne looked at the man as if he was crazy. She was tied down to a chair, how was she supposed to move the can?
"I can't." She scoffed, trying to get out of the restraints.
"Yes, you can!" The man snapped, pointing to it once again, "Focus."
Daphne flinched at him. She felt like crying, she wished that Sam was with her, he would know what to do.
She tried to focus, even though she felt stupid. She closed her eyes, as the man stared at the can. Slowly water came rushing underneath it, and the can rose above the ground, being carried by the liquid.
"Hm" he said, as Daphne eyed the can, the doctor clicked a device and spoke into it, "March 17th 1981. Subject number 39, experiencing Hydrokenetic powers."

-