Chapter 9- Officer Hicks

"Help her!"

The girl flinched, hearing the distant yells that rang through the facility.
She looked up at her father, who sat in a computer desk, typing away, as if he hadn't heard the screams.
The girl, Olivia, had came to her dads work today, due to her daycare not being able to take in kids.
She peeked out the door, Seeing Mr. Alister pass by, heading to the other side of the hallway.
That's when curiosity got the better of her.
She figured, since her father wouldn't tell her anything about his work, she would just have to go find out herself.
I mean she just turned ten, she was practically an adult, and she was tired of being treated like she wasn't.
Slowly Olivia crept out into the hallway, scanning it, to make sure her fathers boss, Alister, wasn't nearby.
Once the coast was clear, she followed the hallway, turning a corner, until she found the room the yelling had been in.
Olivia knew that she wouldn't be able to get in, but she did know that there was a small latch in the door, that opened it to a small window. So that she would be able to see into the room.
She stood on her tip toes, slowly opening the latch, trying not to make to much noise.
Once she opened it, she spotted two girls in the room.
One girl was passed out on the floor, while the other was angrily pacing. Running her fingers through her Dark brown hair.
Suddenly the girl stopped pacing, and frowned at the door.
"Shoot" Olivia muttered, ducking below the small window.
"Hello?" The girl in the room called out.
Olivia slowly started to close the window again, while still ducking.
"Wait!" The room girl yelled, making Olivia stop closing it.
She slowly peeked up, staring at the girl through the window.
The room girl walked towards the door, "Please, Can you please let me out of here." She said to Olivia.
"I-". Olivia went to say, before the girl interrupted her.
"-Please! My friend, Ella. She's in trouble and she needs help." The girl said, pleading with Olivia.
Olivias mouth dropped open slightly, as she stated at the girl on the floor.
The room girl thought for a minute, before speaking up again "What's your name?" She asked politely.
"I-I'm Olivia." Olivia said, still on her tip toes.
"I'm Venus." Venus said smiling, although her smile was forced. "Olivia, I need you to do something for me? Can you do that?" She asked her.
Olivia nodded hesitantly.
"I need you to call 911." Venus said seriously.
Olivia frowned, taken back by her request.
Venus noticed Olivias hesitation, "It's okay. Just tell them, our location, and they have to come quick." She said.
"I don't know if I can-"
Olivia spoke.
"-If you don't, I won't be able to see my parents ever again." Venus interrupted.
Olivia frowned, nodding slowly.
"Go!" Venus whisper yelled.
The door window slowly closed, as Olivia hurried back down the hallway.

-

"We got one call. All that was given was a location" The boy said, staring at the computer screen.
The women adjusted the holster, while taking a sip of the coffee. The badge on her chest read: Officer Hicks
                 Granville Ohio police department.
"Where at?" She asked.
The boy hesitated, reading something off the screen. His glasses reflected the light.
"Granville industries, on 22nd road." He muttered.
Hicks rolled her eyes, sitting down in her chair. "It's a prank call. That building was abandoned back in 92" she mumbled kicking her feet up on the desk.
The boy shook his head, "Doesn't mean something back couldn't happen there." He said squinting at the screen.
      The women thought for a moment. She really wasn't feeling in the mood to go to a random building, probably to deal with some crazy druggys.
       The boy spoke up, breaking her train of thought, "Sounded like a young girl. She didn't say much, but she was stuttering" he said.
    Hicks tensed slightly, "File a report" Hicks said moving her feet of the desk, "I'm gonna go check it out." She murmured standing up.

-

        "It was probably just a prank call Samantha." The other officer spoke, as they pulled up to the building.
        Hicks shook her head, "Apparently it was a small kid on the other line.
Olly, you think I'd come if I thought it was a prank?" She asked him, placing the vehicle in park.
        Olly sighed, because he knew she was right. Sam Hicks never goes anywhere she doesn't feel like. Sometimes they even have to send out different officers, because she refuse to go.
But Although she's stubborn, she's one of the top officers, and she was his mentor after all.
         Sam got out of the car, slamming the door.
Granville industries was darker than it usually was.
For some reason it felt cold.
           Olly got goose bumps as he forced himself to follow behind Hicks. She had no hesitation, she just went straight in.
       Sam had her hand gripping the gun around her waist, as she kicked open the door, and slowly walked in.

        After a few moments of them both walking around the empty building, Olly spoke up, "I don't see anything here." He murmured quietly.
         Samantha nodded, turning towards him, as she clicked off her flashlight, "Me either." She said. A slight bit of concern in her voice.
"Probably a prank call" Olly said, turning back towards where they came from.
"Probably" Hicks muttered, following after him.
Suddenly Hicks stopped in her tracks, causing Olly to do the same.
Coming from a room beside them, they heard shuffling. As if someone was digging through a huge pile of papers.
Samantha instinctively pulled out her gun and started slowly inching towards the room.
The shuffling kept getting louder, as if someone knew she was there.
Hicks quickly turned the corner, expecting to see someone, or anyone in the room.
All she spotted was a dog, scratching at the paper filled floor.
The black dog snapped its head up at her.
Samantha slowly put her gun back in her holster and sighed.
"Stupid dog" She muttered turning back to Olly, "Your right. Nothings here, let's leave." She said.

-