"Who passed away?"

Gojo asked Itadori while you guys took a seat outside the crematorium, waiting for the creation process to finish.

You sat between Gojo and Itadori but originally, you wanted to sit beside the latter but the former insisted to sit beside you. You endlessly tried to push Gojo beside you but he wouldn't even budge, he would just give you a shit-eating grin.

In the end, you gave in and allowed the annoying man-child to do what he wants, and that includes him placing an arm on your right shoulder like you two are buddies of some sort. 

Itadori's on your right and Gojo's on your left.

'I just hope he doesn't take advantage of my quietness'

You mentally grumbled while Itadori and Gojo continued conversing.

"My grandpa. Although he was like a father to me"

"I see. Sorry it happened at a time like that"

"Me too Itadori, I'm sorry"

'Why am I apologizing though?'

You questioned yourself.

Itadori didn't say anything or even nodded, so Gojo asked him again.

"So have you decided what you want to do?"

"Are casualties like these from curses pretty common?"

Itadori asked as he looked at Gojo waiting for an immediate answer.

"This one was a rather exceptional case, but in terms of the damage, it happens all the time. It's a good night if someone dies a normal death after encountering a curse. Finding a body that's all torn apart is on the better end of the outcomes"

Suddenly, the image of a body that Gojo just described suddenly flashed in your mind. You completely remember seeing that gruesome body in your distant past.

The past when you were still a kid. A kid that knew nothing of herself. You inwardly grimaced at the memory, you held in a shiver.

Earlier, Itadori looked very curious when he asked Gojo but when he got an answer, his face immediately shifted into a look of fear.

"If you plan to hunt down Sukuna, you're going to witness some gruesome scenes, and I can't guarantee you won't end up that way yourself. So choose your hell"

Images of the people that got physically or mentally hurt last night flashed in Itadori's mind. Then minutes later, Itadori got called in and he heads inside with Gojo tagging along.

You're not planning on going with them. Not at a place like this.

'They're probably going to continue talking about the whole 'Sukuna's vessel' thing anyway'

Itadori looked at you over his shoulder and asked.

"Do you want to come too, (Name)?"

"My condolences Itadori, but I'm going to have to decline that offer. I'm going to need some fresh air for a little more"

You lied.

"Oh, okay. But is it okay for you to be alone here (Name)?"

"Of course I'm fine being alone. Just go, I'll be okay"

You reassured him so he'd finally leave and fortunately, he did much to your relief. He and Gojo walked further, leaving you alone with a quiet atmosphere. Void of other people. You sighed with contentment as you enjoyed the small wind that passes by every now and then.