VEER'S RE-ENTRY IN ANUSHMA'S LIFE

Hi everyone, As, here, we are celebrating Eid tomorrow so first of all Eid Mubarak!! Secondly, I am extremely sorry for uploading late because I was busy in last-minute Eid preparations. Now enjoy the part below.

"What happened Anubhav?" "Commissioner Sir, he said that Karishma and I need to leave tonight for a two-day conference in Mumbai." He told her not able to understand anything. "Hmm...." Haseena said trying to think of an appropriate solution. "Haseena, What will I say to Karishma? She is overexcited for Dad's birthday." Anubhav shared his worries with her. "What if, I go to the conference instead of you both." She said. "But commissioner sir, I cannot refuse him." "Don't worry about that.....let me talk to him?" She added and dialled the commissioner's number. "Greetings Sir!!" "Greetings Ms Malik." He replied taking her call. "Sir, Actually there is a conference in Mumbai on 'the role of the Police and people's expectations. Sir, I want to ask if I can go there on behalf of Lukhnow Police. Sir you know, my first priority is that people get a softer and better image of Police and I believe that conference will be a good opportunity for me to work on that cause. Only if you allow sir..." She requested commissioner. 

"Hmm.....Well I had already ordered some other officers for it but still, if you insist then it's alright; you can go." He said agreeing. "Thank you, sir! Thanks a lot. Greetings sir!!" she replied and hung up giving Anubhav thumbs up who's happiness knew no bounds. "Thanks! Thanks a lot Haseena......I don't know what I will do without you...." he said elatedly. "Enough of this now, Will you please drop me at my home? I need to prepare a lot to leave." Haseena said flashing her dimpled smile and he nodded, "sure!" as they both settled back in the car.

Haseena left for the conference while Karishma and Anubhav were handling Police Station as well as preparing for the function. Next day evening, the sky was entering from light to darkness, Anubhav's home was fully decorated with multi-coloured fairy lights which were extending from the building to the trees and plants of their spacious lawn. Some workers were busy assembling stage there in the lawn while others were busy doing sitting arrangements. Anubhav was busy with caterers, Shorya was busy with the technical team while Karishma was busy with dancers as well as coordinating with others. "Shorya!! What about video link arrangements? Have you talked to Dad's secretary? She will be doing arrangement on his part." She asked passing by him. "Ya, ya, I am in touch with her." He replied as his focus was on the laptop screen discussing sounds and lights with the technical team. "Anu bhayya!! What about a sweet dish? You told me you will arrange something special." She called him loudly while running inside the house, "everything is under control Behna, don't worry!!" he replied while gesturing to staff to arrange the meal there. "Okay, but please don't forget to get ready on time. And please wear what Haseena had sent for you, you know your choice is too bad." She remarked at him while running inside. "Okay, baba!! Relax and go get ready.....you will take more time." He replied and she ran inside. "Maa!! Are you ready?" she asked her mother who was looking beautiful in a royal blue Saree with a cream coloured border and beautiful matching danglers in her ears, "Wow!! You are looking, awesome mom." Sandhya laughed at her getting surprised and pushed her away, "now go..." Karishma entered the room where many male and female dancers were getting ready. "Guys!!" she clapped to get everyone's attention. "Hello mam!!" everyone greeted her back. "Are you all ready, have you rehearsed well? I don't want any fumbles on stage." "Don't worry mam, we are all ready, just waiting for your cue." One of them replied. "Good!" she added and moved towards her room.

As she entered her room, "time is too short, now get ready Karishma!!" she was mumbling to herself moving towards the bed on which two dressed were placed. "Now which one should I wear...." she picked up both one by one and placed them on herself and looked at the mirror in front but could not understand. "Oh, God!! It is too difficult to decide.....yes, jewellery! Let's decide it first and then dress." She opened her drawer and took out her jewellery box. Taking out different danglers and necklaces she was trying all. And after good 15 minutes, she was unable to decide anything. "Oh, man!! This is not possible.....I need help....Haseena!!" she at once dialled her. "Hi, where are you?" she asked her. "Amm....going towards the hotel, Why?" Haseena asked her. "Don't even ask buddy, from last 15 minutes I am trying to decide what to wear but failed terribly. Please help me." Karishma asked exasperated and worried at the same time. "What is so difficult in it, Karishma....Okay, let me do video call...." Haseena added and hung up. A few minutes later she reconnected with her on a video call and Haseena had chosen one dress and a piece of jewellery set too in a couple of minutes. "Now, happy?" she asked. "Of course, you are a life saviour.....thanks!!" she gave her a flying kiss and added, "bye honey!!" Haseena chuckled, "okay bye!! Have fun....missing you baby." "Missing you too!!!" Karishma replied and they both hung up.

All the arrangements had been completed, the stage was beautiful set on the left side with one big projector screen in the background. And two 4 ft high large flower vases placed on both ends of the stage, In front of the stage a number of round tables were placed with chairs around them, facing the stage. While exactly opposite to projector screen there was an LED especially arranged for the video link. Many high profile guests from Lukhnow Police, their friends and family including the all-woman Police station team was present there except one person and that is Haseena. Anubhav, Karishma and Shorya were busy making guests comfortable. "Anu Bhayya! I think we should start." Karishma asked. "Hmm...Commissioner Sir and almost everyone is here," Anubhav replied looking around. "Okay, then I will connect with Dad," Shorya added and they both nodded. He moved towards the technical team dialling a number on his mobile.

"Shorya ji! What happened? It's been half an hour....people are started getting restless." Karishma asked him as Anubhav was at her side. "Any problem?" he added. "I am trying hard to connect with Dad but he is not picking up my calls," Shorya replied extremely worried once again trying to dial. "But, how....I mean....have you call his secretary." Karishma asked baffled. "I had Karishma, she is saying that he isn't picking her calls too. She did not know where he is." Shorya replied. "but how is this possible......all guests are here, performances are ready and at last minutes....wasn't she and Dad in touch with each other about this??" Karishma shouted angrily. "Shhhhh!!! Everybody is listening..." Anubhav stopped her. "What happened Anu?" Sandhya asked moving towards them. "Don't know Maa....apparently, Dad is not available." Shorya replied. "Let me call him...." Anubhav added and moved aside with his phone. "Maa!!!" Karishma said with filled eyes and hugged her mother, "What if, Dad would not have come live???" "Shhhhh!!! It is okay beta....relax...everything will be alright." Sandhya was trying hard to comfort her but deep down everyone is too much worried as guests have started getting out of control. They were asking about Veer and getting offensive too as many were from the Police department and Politicians of Lukhnow.

Another half an hour has passed but they could not get to contact Veer. "Anubhav Bhai, I think we need to go without him. Make some excuse about him and you and Karishma cut the cake on behalf of Dad." Shorya suggested. "No, how can his birthday be celebrated without him...." Karishma added with a fresh set of tears streaming down from her eyes. "I know Karishma, you are feeling bad but we have no other option...." Anubhav tried to make her understand. "Why he always have to do this??? We had told him and he had confirmed too then at last minutes....I won't talk to him." Karishma added disappointingly and hid her tear stricken face in Sandhya's embrace.

"Who dared to put tears in my daughter's eyes???" a man in his early 50s dressed in a royal blue tuxedo with a grey trolley bag in his hand added loudly from the entrance of the venue. "Dad!!" Karishma squeaked happily looking at him and without wasting a minute she ran holding her green lehenga in her hand with a big teary smile on her face. Veer had opened her arms for her, spotlights shifted to them as Karishma ran in her father's big hug and started crying bitterly. Veer was busy looking around at all the high profile guests with a wide smile and wet eyes while comforting Karishma's back for a couple of minutes. On another side, Anubhav and Sandhya were standing behind looking at him overwhelmed with emotions where Shorya was comforting Anubhav by rubbing his shoulder while Pushpa ji was patting Sandhya's back slightly. Coming out of hug Karishma asked her accusingly, "Why you had not told me earlier that you are coming??" He smiled took her in a side hug and opened his other arm for Anubhav, "Why are you standing so far buddy??" Anubhav laughed fully and ran to his father's embrace. 

Stay tuned to witness Anushma's performances for their beloved Dad and effect of Veer's re-entry on Haseena and Anushma's lives.

Guys, I will try to give you updates on Eid days too but can't promise it and also time would not be fixed....i will upload whenever i got time.