How it Begins

TW: self harm and body dysmorphia

(Tommy POV)

I was sleeping in my bed when i heard a loud knocking. I quickly got up and went over to the door it was Mrs. Jones she worked at the orphanage and she wasn't that nice. She would always scold me for the littlest things.

"TOMMY!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. "what!" I replied with an annoyed attitude. "Don't try that with me I know what you did mister!" She hissed. Now i was really confused i hadn't left the room in a whole day, what could i have possibly done! "You can't go around causing problems Tommy!" " WHAT DID I DO!" I screamed,I was really annoyed now. " You stole from Brandon!" She said like it was obvious. I now understood what happened. Brandon is the bully at the orphanage. Just because he isn't adopted yet he makes everyone's life hell especially mine!

"Please Mrs. Jones i didn't take anything. You can even check if you like." I said genuinely  done with this conversation. "Gladly!" She said as she walks passed me. She checked every area like her life depended on it! She gave up 30 minutes later once she realized she had gone over the room a total of 5 times.

"Fine I guess you didn't take it! but if i find out you are lying I will punish you!" She said glancing at me. "Sure you will." I said  while closing the door.

I sat down on my bed and took out a picture i had of my mom and dad which i hid under the pillow.

(FLASHBACK)

"TOMMY GET OUTSIDE NOW!" His father yelled. Once he got to his door handle in was burning hot. " I CANT DAD HELP!" His dad flung the door open and carried the 5 year old outside, he then said. "Tommy listen me and your mom love you so much, but i have to go back in there to get her okay!" "Yes dad" he answered terrified of what will happen! "I'll be right back kiddo!"

(BACK TO PRESENT BUT 3RD PERSON TOMMY)  

That was the last thing his dad said to him. He started crying, he cried for hours before the voices took over they started saying horrible things like,

YOUR SO WEAK

WHY ARE YOU CRYING

YOUR SO UGLY 

YOUR SO FAT

LOSE WEIGHT

He thought they were right so he got up and went to the small bathroom and searched for his stress reliever. Once he found it he lifted up his sleeve took the blade in his hand and swipe he cut deep in his arm and said aloud "One for mom, One for dad, One for everyone who had to deal with me, and one for the voices." He cleaned the blade and put it away, then took bandages and wrapped them around his arm his arm then went got a hoodie and put it on. At the same time he was thinking 'What if i run away, no one would car, no one would even notice. I would be done with the mean foster families and from Brandon!' It was only midday currently so he had time to plan.

He planned it all he would not eat any of his lunch or dinner and sneak it up to his room. He could pack everything he had in a backpack and he would still have room for the food since he didn't have much. He would leave at night after the night check, he would jump out the window since its not a big jump. He will run into the woods and plan from there. All day all he could think of is ' I can finally get out of this hell hole'

(TIME SKIP TO NIGHT)

The guards just came in for night check and Tommy was ready to go. He grabbed his bag and picture of his parents and went for the window. He slowly opened it and jumped down. Once he hit the ground, he ran for the woods. Going deeper and deeper until he thought it was safe. He sat down up against a big tree and fell asleep. That night he finally felt free!

YA i got the first chapter done i hope you liked it and please tell how you feel about it. Also suggestions would be appreciated!