She liked Lin, she had liked Lin for the past two years, though she never dared to admit her feelings. Her big brother and her best friend were the two only persons who knew about them, and it wasn't going to change anytime soon. "Dude," Izumi said, snapping her fingers to make her react. Kya smiled absently and looked at her friend, who sighed. "Dude, just ask her out already!" The Waterbender winced and shook her head. She couldn't, she knew Lin didn't feel the same way. "Fine, but I won't miss my shot at saying 'I told you so'  when it's too late."

Bumi✌️:
Linny's here. Where r u?

Me:
Almost here, don't worry. Keep her busy til then
Operation Kyalin: ongoing

Kya looked at her best friend, annoyed. "Are you driving or what?" she asked, crossing her arms and pouting. Izumi grinned and unparked the car. "Sorry, Sugar Queen. Didn't think you were so impatient to see your girlfriend." Kya rolled her eyes and groaned, but didn't say anything. She had been so mad when Toph had called Lin to tell her to pick Su up while they were having fun, she just wanted to see the Earthbender again.

Izumi parked her car in front of Kya's house ten minutes later, and the Waterbender grew more nervous. She pursed her lip and opened the door, finishing her drink. They were greeted by Lin, Bumi and Tenzin, and it immediately drove Kya jealous. Her little brother was sitting way too close to Lin, why? She didn't think the Earthbender would ever date Tenzin, but seeing them close was enough to get her mad.

"Mom took the kids to the beach, want to go inside and play Mario Kart?" Bumi asked. He winked at Izumi, who smirked. It was all part of their plan, and Katara was part of it too. The others agreed to his idea, and everyone settled on the couch. To Kya's greatest anger, Tenzin did everything he could to sit next to Lin, even though the Earthbender didn't seem to want it so much. Bumi turned the game console on and handed Izumi a controller, keeping the other one. "Move!" he told his sister. Kya groaned and stood up from the couch, frowning when she saw the look of complicity that Izumi and Bumi exchanged. What were those two up to?

She stared at the remaining seat on the couch, and her heartbeat significantty increased when she realized it was next to Lin, and they would have to be close. Now that she thought about it, it might have been just why Bumi wanted to take her seat in the first place. She would have to kill her brother later. She awkwardly sat next to the Earthbender, who luckily seemed too focused on the race to notice how fast her heart was beating.

"Bumi's losing!" Tenzin said excitedly, staring at the screen with wide eyes. It might have been the first time it ever happened, especially against Izumi. The Firebender had never been the best at this game. Kya looked around her, and intercepted the glance Izumi and Bumi just exchanged. It was all on purpose. If Izumi won, then she would race against Kya, who would obviously win, while Lin would race against Tenzin. The Airbender would lose, because no one was better than Lin at the game. Then he would get mad because he was a sore loser, say they had cheated, and leave the room. Bumi would obviously follow him to try and reason him, and Izumi would offer to get them a drink or something like that, leaving Kya and Lin alone. They really had thought everything through, with not a single detail left behind, except maybe for Kya who was about to kill them.

And everything went according to the plan, taking Lin and Kya in a final against each other. Tenzin had already left, and Bumi had followed him after winking at Izumi. The Firebender was sitting between her two friends, ready to leave them as soon as Lin would've won, or let Kya win. The Waterbender tried to focus on the race, but she couldn't. Not while she knew what her best friend was about to do. She cursed her and her brother, and their stupid plans to try to help with something that would never happen. Of course Lin didn't like her back! Why would she? Kya was just the daughter of a friend of Lin's mother, nothing more. And the Waterbender hated herself for hoping there would be more.