24. In The Meanwhile

Mulai dari awal

It was funny. The way I kept them in the studio, you would think they would be excited.

"You alright?" Austin asked, eyeing me. I snickered.

"I'm good. I just feel like..." I shrugged. "The lead single is out in two days. I'm not feeling it and I'm obviously not going to do 'Adorn' anytime soon. Let's call it one and come back Monday. Get out this studio for once." They all looked at each other.

"Sounds good to me!!" Ari yelled and they all started laughing. I snickered as everybody started grabbing their things, ready to head out.

"We still going out for your birthday tomorrow right?" Austin asked as he put his book bag on his back. I nodded. It wasn't like they were giving me a choice. "Bet, see you tomorrow cuzzo." He headed out first.

"Peace!!"

"See you tomorrow!!" Ari and Phil left out. Bruno nudged me.

"Tomorrow," He simply said, nodding. That meant he'd have me a bag tomorrow. I nodded back. He looked at Mica. "Enjoy your trip man." Mica was going to Hawaii to celebrate both his birthday and graduation. He'd be gone from the 21st to the 29th.

"Thanks man, have fun tomorrow." Bruno nodded and headed out, leaving me and Mica by ourselves.

As Mica packed all his notebooks and stuff, I walked over to the whiteboard that had the tracklist.

First track was 'Runaway Baby', then 'Quickie'. After that was 'Treasure', 'Just The Way You Are', 'Girl With The Tattoo Enter.Lewd', 'Our First Time', 'Sure Thing' and finally 'All I Want Is You'. I had written and recorded 'Sure Thing' myself, before everything happened.

I shook my head at the tracklist.

I needed to get a grip. In three months, I only managed to choose one song I wanted for the album.

"What you thinking?" Mica asked, walking over to me.

"For one..." I stared at the tracklist. I didn't like the placement of 'Girl With The Tattoo Enter.Lewd'. I erased it and moved it to be after 'Sure Thing'. "It didn't fit right there. I think it represents Mia more than it does Jade."

"It's definitely a better placement, it represents the turning point in..."

"The album and the relationship, definitely." We both stared at the tracklist.

"So 'Adorn' will be right here," Mica pointed, between 'Sure Thing' and the Interlude. I nodded. "I feel like something else should be after 'Adorn'."

"Like?" I asked, looking at him.

"Not sure. I should be able to come up with something while I'm gone." I nodded.

"I hope I can too," I mumbled.

"You just need a break," Mica assured me. That wasn't the only thing I needed. I nodded as he patted my shoulder before grabbing his things. "Are you going to be alright without me?" I looked at him and sucked my teeth as he chuckled.

"Yeah man, gone. Enjoy your trip. You deserve it." He gave me a small smile.

"Thanks. Happy early birthday." We hugged.

"Thank you." He left out, finally leaving me by myself. I stared at the tracklist for a little longer before heading over to the soundboard. I did the playback for 'Adorn' and blew out a breath, jogging into the booth. Grabbing the headphones, I quickly put them on.

She's art dealer chic
Won't you be my friend?
My freak

"Yeah," I sang as those three lines repeated. I cleared my throat and closed my eyes before I started singing the first verse. "These lips can't wait to taste your skin, baby, no, no, and these eyes, yeah, can't wait to see your grin, ooh, ooh, baby..." As I started the chorus, the night I proposed, the night Mila was made, popped in my head and I was tempted to take the headphones off and throw them.