Ch. 40

He pressed himself closer to me. We kissed for quite a few minutes before a ring of my phone broke our contact. "Mmh. John, I've gotta—"

"Zatanna, please. Just a few more minutes with me here, please, Luv," he said, holding my hand, trying to keep me with him on the bed as I reached over to the phone. "Oh, bloody hell, Z, come on."

"No," I responded with a playful smirk, grabbing it and checking the notification. Math test tomorrow. Oh, shit...

"What's goin' on, Z?" John asked. "We have a math test tomorrow. I completely forgot about that."

"And God wonders why," he chuckled. "You just saved the world pretty much twice today, one of which wasn't even ours, and it's not even midnight yet. Z, I think a bloody math test can wait."

"It really can't," I argued, materializing the books we need. He does have a point, though. But, he doesn't really need his ego fed any more. "Come on. If I haven't studied, I very highly doubt you did."

"True."

"Shit, I've got a little over three hours until League training starts up. I've gotta get this done. Plus, I need to recharge my magic. I'll probably be back at close to midnight. And, let's be honest, I'm not getting any time after training to study or do homework, especially with you."

"And what's that s'possed to mean, darling?" He asked, placing a hand onto my thigh. "Hey, hey, none of that, John. We've got actual work to do."

"And, so what, blowing some losers back to Hell and saving the world from an apocalyptic alien warlord isn't actual work?"

"Not for normal teenagers," I responded. "Now, we are not exactly normal, are we, angel?" Eh, he's got a point there.

Around an hour and a half later, we both finished studying with a very light dinner thrown in there. Another hour later, we finished the rest of our homework. God, being a hero really takes a strain on your academic projects.

"If you'll excuse me, John, I'm going to take a shower, because, God freakin' knows how much dirt and blood I've got on myself in the past few hours. I have around thirty minutes before I got to go back to training. I will be right back, babe." I kissed him on the cheek and went into the bathroom. I took a very long, very steamy, pretty much perfect shower. I came out and materialized a towel, going back into John's room. "Sserd," I muttered, a new pair of clothes flying onto my body, the towel disappearing. 

"Christ, Z... Using your magic to not let me get a peek? Now that's just straight up bloody cruel." I rolled my eyes with a smirk and kissed him once. "You've got five minutes until your training starts," John mentioned, lighting a cigarette and loosening his tie, kicking his feet up onto the desk. "Shoot, thank you, John." My phone sounded off. I looked down, checked it, and it was a text from Batman.

Batman: Zatanna, there is a change of plans

Which is, Batman?

Batman: bring Constantine to training tonight

Why again?

Batman: just bring him as well, please

Alright. Will do. See you in five minutes.

Batman: yes. See you in training.

"Luv? What's goin' on?" John asked.

"You are apparently coming with me to League training today." He started coughing. "Pardon me, Z? Say that again?"

"You're coming with me today. Sorry," I repeated, helping him up out of the chair. "Alright, let's go, angel," he said, putting his coat on.

"Sserd," I whispered, my suit flying on me as I locked the bracelets and chokers onto my necks and wrists. I opened a portal, and we both stepped through. "Oh, you guys are here. Hey," I greeted, seeing Sara, Cisco, Carter, and Shiera there.