Ch. 26

"Good morning, John." I said, rolling over and seeing John beside me, his hand on my waist. "Why, good morning, Luv," he responded. "Well that's a bloody amazing way to wake up," he said as I rolled out of bed, still naked from the night before. I smiled and chuckled. I pulled one of my shirts over my headed to the bathroom with my makeup bag and brushes. 

~John's PoV~

"Zee! Luv! Zee!" I called as her phone rang. No response. I looked over at it, and it was some bloke named H. Jackman. Eh, she's not gonna answer it, I might as well.

"Good morning, Miss Zatara."

"Uh... hi?" I responded.

"I'm sorry, 'scuse me, where's Miss Zatara?"

"Alright, um... how do I... I'm her boyfriend. Yeah."

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm her lawyer. Trying to get a restraining order on her ex-boyfriend. Where is Miss Zatara?"

"Zee is in the bathroom right now and she isn't able to pick up the phone."

"That's fine. Um... just tell her to call me back."

"Great, I'll do that."

"Alright, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise, sir." I hung up and knocked on the door. "Zee!"

~Zee's PoV~

"Zee!"

"Yes, John? I'm a little busy right now."

"Some bloke named H. Jackman called ya." I dropped a bunch of things. "Shit!" I exclaimed as everything clattered against the ground. "Oh, my God! John! Give me my phone! Now! Right now!"

"Yeah, yeah, yes. Hold on." He came back with my phone. "Thank you. Sorry. It's the lawyer that's helping me with my circumstances with Oliver," I explained, taking the phone from him and calling Mr. Jackman back.

"Hi, Mr. Jackman. Good morning. Sorry for not picking up. Hope my boyfriend didn't do anything too stupid. He tends to do stupid things."

"Hello, Miss Zatara. That's quite alright, and no, he didn't. Good morning. Would you like to meet with me and the Queens to decide a court date?

"Yes, yes. What time and what place?"

"The firm, two hours?"

"That'll work. I'll be there."

"Great, thank you."

"I'm the one who should be thanking you, you're the one who's helping me get a restraining order on an abusive ex. I know this can't be easy, going up against a billionaire family."

"Oh, it's quite fine. With the evidence you've given me, I'm sure we'll win."

"Thank you, once again. Thank you, Mr. Jackman."

"Of course, Miss Zatara. Anything for my best clients."

"Alright, see you in a few hours?"

"Yeah. See you then." I hung up the phone, and I continued to do my hair and makeup. "What'd he have to say?"

"Right. Um... I will have to go to the law firm in a few hours. 10:00."

"So that's two hours."

"Yeah." I finished my hair, and cast an extension spell on my bangs, making my bangs the same length as the rest of my hair, which I also cut to the my shoulder blades. I cast a spell to darken my hair, making it a midnight black. Jesus, I missed black hair. Looks amazing, to be honest. I walked out of the room and to the kitchen. "Good morning, Chas."