Ch. 22

"Alrightie, let's go." The four of us walked out of the café. Well, this is going to be a chaotic night.

"What time do you guys have school?" Zach asked.

"8:15. You two?"

"9 for me, 7:50 for Brooke."

"Where does she even go to school? I've never seen her around."

"Some boarding school in Bludhaven. It's nice. A little on the snotty and stiff side, but, with a name like Artemis Blood's Academy for the Prim and Proper, that's bound to happen. The students are so nice, and the teachers are really attentive, not to mention the lunch there is to fucking die for," Brooke answered.

"How do you get ther—... oh, Zach tele—" I started before Zach cut me off.

"Oi, shut up, cousin."

"Relax, John knows."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"Okay, then... when did he find out that you were a Homo Magi?"

"I'm-I'm sorry, a bloody hell what?"

"Homo Magi. You didn't know the specifics? God, you really don't ask questions, do ya?" Zach laughed. "No, I don't ask questions. I just knew that she was magical. I didn't know that she had a whole ass name for her species."

"Huh. Anyway, we all have to get our asses up pretty early in the morning. What time do you guys need to sleep?"

"Usually 11:30-12. I wake up at around 7:40, roll through everything and into my school uniform, and then have Zach port me there. It does not take long," Brooke answered. "Ranges from 1:30-2 for me. We just need to get Brooke to sleep by midnight."

"Alright, that gives us three hours. Brookie, how much are you seen the city?"

"Out of my job shift and seeing Zach, not much. How much has your new boyfriend seen of the city?"

"Also, not much. Between school shit and dating a bloody hell celebrity, you don't really have too much free time on your hands."

"Sweet. Zach and I can go around and show you two everywhere else."

"Yes, we can do that. Most definitely do that. Alright, Zee, where do we want to start?"

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold it."

"What is it, Zee?"

"Zach, have you even taken Brooke to Justice yet?"

"Um, haha... no."

"Wow, really? You would've thought that would be the first place to go."

"I'm sorry, where?" Brooke asked. "Oh, please. We are going there. Right now." Zach nodded his head and we started on our way to the dessert shop.

"Come on!" I grabbed John's hand, Zach grabbed Brooke's, and we started to go to Sweet Justice.

"Hey, Zee? Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah, what is it, Brooke?" I pulled back to where she was, still walking, although a bit slower.

"I read the article the Planet published about you and John. You seem really happy. You deserve it, after that train-wreck of a rapist bastard you had as a boyfriend. I thought I told you that he was bad news."

"You did, I just didn't listen to you. You and Zach just started dating, and, I was kind of weary and a little jealous of you, to be completely honest."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You're freakin' gorgeous, Brooke."

"Oh, please. You're the pretty one. Why else do you think half of Metropolis' male population wanted to ask you out?"