Chapter 56

Harry's P.O.V.

I hung up the phone and ran my fingers through my hair. I knew my blood pressure was probably through the roof. I keep forgetting that Elena is six years younger than me.

She sure does act like it.

I really just want her to get over this crap. Why is she holding onto memories of this boy if they're all negative?

He had her completely brainwashed.

I pulled over to the side of the road and took a breath. I know I am all she has but I'm really not in the right state of mind to be her support right now. I was so better off before we got involved. All I had to worry about was myself.

I don't know what has gotten into me. If Elena and I would've gotten together a few months back she would have been out the door in a heartbeat. I don't know why I can't do it now.

I put the car in drive and merged back onto the road making a quick U-turn to head back to the house. I had no idea what I was going to say to Elena but I really do just want to make things right. I love her and I don't want her to distance herself from me or vice versa. When I'm upset, I have tendencies of isolating myself from everyone and not giving a shit. But I don't want to do that to Elena.

I've just never had to be so soft with anyone before. Usually with women we just fuck and I kick them out and only call her back when I'm horny. But it's different with Elena. I care when she's upset and it makes me angry when people do things that hurt her. I mean I currently hate myself for how I acted and what I said to her earlier.

I guess it's just hard to be so cautious around her. I'm used to speaking my mind and getting what I want no matter what. However, I can't be like that with Elena because she'll cry or be really upset and think that I hate her or something.

It's exhausting.

I really didn't want to go back home but I know if I didn't Elena would probably panic or something. Zayn and Liam are really good with her and I just wish that they could take over and just be with her for a few days so that I can get a break. But I still don't know where Zayn is. He hasn't been back and when I called him, he didn't answer. I hope he's alright but I also hope he comes back so he can help me with Elena. I don't want to burden Liam too much because he already has Louis. This is just really frustrating for me.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach as I pulled into the driveway. I really hoped Elena wasn't crying and carrying on because that would probably set me over the edge.

I grabbed my key from my pocket and took a deep breath as I unlocked the door and stepped into the house. The smell of maple syrup filled my nose. I removed my shoes and made my way into the kitchen.

"Elena," I heard Liam say. "Please eat something."

I see Elena shake her head and wipe the tears from under her eyes. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"I'm not listening to that. You are gonna eat something, even if it's a small amount. I'm not allowing you to sit there and starve. After you eat, I'll allow you to go lay down."

I really just wanted to go over there and kiss her and hug her and just tell her that everything was okay, but my pride just wouldn't let me. I turned on my heel and made my way back up the stairs. As of right now I don't even know if I want to continue this relationship with her.

I plopped down onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Is Elena really someone who I want to be involved with for the rest of my life? Or even years from now?

I'm not so sure.