Chapter 11

Elena's P.O.V.

We reach the dining room and I was relieved to see that it was empty. It's late afternoon so I'm sure no one will be in here until around dinner.

Greg pulls out a chair for me to sit. "I'll be right back, alright?" I nodded.

Watching him walk away was really relieving. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I miss yoga and going outside to soak up the sun. I don't even know the last time I've been outside. Every time there is yard work, Greg tells me to stay inside so that he doesn't have to watch me. He doesn't even have to. I mean, I'm old enough to watch myself. I don't need a babysitter.

"Elena?"

I turned seeing Collins standing in the doorway. I gave him a small smile and a wave. He made his way over to me and pulled out a chair sitting down. He grabbed the legs of my chair and turned it so that I was facing him. He studied my face and then looked down at his hands. "I want you to be honest with me. Can you do that?" I nodded my head.

He leaned forward and gently grabbed my chin. "At the pool.... was that the first time Greg hit you?"

I froze. I couldn't answer that question. I would get in so much trouble. Greg always tells me not to speak about it or he will kill me. In all honesty, I believe him. He would do it without a second thought. Plus, Collins is Greg's best friend. He's probably going to tell Greg if I tell the truth.

"Elena.." Collins whispered again. "Please be honest with me. You said you would. I'm trying to help you but I can't do that if you don't let me." I could feel tears building in the back of my eyes. He can't help me. Greg is full of hate and anger, he would never allow me to just walk away from him. He would beat me senseless.

Collins nodded his head as if confirming something then cupped my cheeks with both hands. "Let me take care you. You don't deserve to be treated this way. Can't you see that?"

Before I could speak, Collins lips were on mine.

My heart stopped.

His lips were soft and inviting and I couldn't help but kiss him back. This felt so different. I never felt this way with Greg before. Greg always makes everything we do forceful and rough. This was more slow and passionate and I didn't want it to end.

Collins pulled away and pecked my lips one more time. "Why are you protecting him Elena?"

I didn't know what to say.

"Elena, I want you to know that I'm here for you and I-"

"What the fuck Collins?"

Greg stormed over to us and grabbed my arm, yanking me to my feet. He set the plates down on the table and turned to Collins. "What the fuck are you doing?! I don't want you talking to her! She's mine!"

Collins stood to his feet and rolled his eyes. "Shut the fuck up Greg. She's not fucking yours. You treat her like shit all the time and you keep her as your sex slave and punching bag! You don't own her!" Greg didn't respond. He slowly turned to me. "You told him?" I didn't respond. He took a step closer to me and balled his fists. "You opened your fucking mouth even though I specifically told you not to?"

I quickly shook my head. "N-No I didn't say anything! I-I... please don't be mad at me! I didn't say anything!"

"Go upstairs!"

Tears streamed down my cheeks. "Greg please-"

"Elena get upstairs now!"