Chapter 23

Elena's P.O.V.

I stretched my limbs and snuggled deeper into the warm sheets. I furrowed my eyebrows when I didn't smell my strawberry scented blanket that Greg bought for me. Instead, I smelt a strong cologne. It actually smelled really nice and cozy. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up abruptly realizing that I wasn't in my room.

My eyes darted from wall to wall. The walls were black and the sheets were black. I could already tell that this was Mr. Styles room. I remembered it from earlier. It was just so dark and serious. There was no purples or pinks or sparkly items anywhere in the room. I pull the blankets back and hop out of the bed. The floor was like icicles against my feet.

I giggled to myself as I glanced in the large mirror up against the wall. I was wearing a black dress shirt that was way too big for me but I assumed it was Mr. Styles'.

I walked over to the door and grabbed the door knob. I froze. Am I allowed to leave the room? What if I get in trouble or Mr. Styles gets mad at me?

I quickly jumped back as the door opened.

"Oh! Sorry Elena. I didn't know you were in here. I just came in to clean up a bit."

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding seeing that it was only Collins. "Sorry," I said suddenly feeling nervous. I looked down and fiddled with fingers. "I-I just wanted to um... well I was going to find Mr. Styles b-but I wasn't sure if I could leave the room without um... without permission."

I crossed my legs feeling like I was going to pee myself. I bet Collins is going to tell Mr. Styles and I'm going to get in big trouble.

Collins placed his cleaning supplies on the ground and sighed. "Elena you don't need permission to roam around a house that you live in. Greg isn't here anymore so no one is going to yell at you or hit you. You can come and go as you please. You don't have to be scared anymore."

I didn't say anything. This all just sounded so weird to me. When Greg was here I always had to ask for permission to do everything-even to go to the bathroom.

That was one of our many rules.

Collins' P.O.V.

I wished Elena was more comfortable around me. Greg treated her like shit and never even gave her an ounce of care. She was just an object to him and now I'm sure that's what she believes.

I frowned seeing her stare at the ground. Seems like her anxiety has gotten worse. She couldn't even look me in the eyes for too long.

"I-Is Mr. Styles around?"

I frowned. Since when did they get so close. I remembered the care he showed her and how delicate he handled her in the kitchen. He isn't like that with anyone. Never has been-even with all the girls he has brought over in the past.

I nodded. "Yeah he's in a meeting right now so I'm sure you can see him afterwards."

A small put formed on her lips. "You promise?" I chuckled. "Yes I promise."

She still seemed a bit uneasy.

I mean I have noticed that Elena is really introverted and a little awkward but she is just so beautiful and I really hope I can have a chance with her. Not for the sex or anything like that but I just think that she's so amazing and smart. I always see her reading whenever Greg wasn't around- which was rare obviously, but I could tell that was something she loved to do.

I always thought that she could be a 'little' but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I cleared my throat. "How about I get you some supper and then maybe watch some cartoons until Mr. Styles is finished? I'll even find some nice fuzzy socks you can wear." She nervously bit her bottom lip. "C-Can I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich please?" I smiled. "Of course you can El.. do you wanna go to the bathroom first?"

She nodded. "yes.. um can you come with me please? I-I don't wanna go by myself..."

A/N: Heyyyyy lovely people! Two updates in one day! Aren't you guys luckyyy

Thoughts so far?

What do you think Collins' intentions are?

Do you think Collins will take care of Elena?

Other comments can go here...