Chapter 25:

EDITED

A/N song suggestion: NEVER BE ENOUGH (purely because this song was playing as I was editing.)

Short and sweet Because the author was too lazy to write

Short and sweet Because the author was too lazy to write... she changed her mind. 

It's a full chapter.

Adam was surprised when he got invited over to the Eden's for a party the next day. What was most surprising was that Avery had invited him and that he'd decided to come.

Unlike the rest of the parties, this one was a private family affair. His stepmother had been invited too but she chose not to come.

Even though she had learnt the truth behind Líla's downfall by reading her diary that Aiden snooped through and was glad to have the criminal punished, she still didn't approve of Avery's lifestyle choices.

Adam knew she didn't back then or now.

He thought of his situation as he rang the doorbell at Eden's. Aiden answered the door. He glanced at the bowl of tacos in Adam's hands.

"Oh thank the Gods, more food!" he exclaimed.

He took it from Adam and someone slapped the back of his head. A shorter, more petite blond version of Avery stepped out from behind Aiden.

It was uncanny how similar Avery and Claudia looked with the same blue eyes but Adam assumed Avery and Phoenix had gotten their brunette hair from their father's side.

"Phoenix, don't be rude to him. The least you could do is let Adam in before stealing his food." Claudia smiled at Adam pulling him in. "Welcome back. It's been too long since you last came over. Forgive my glutton of a son."

Adam chuckled, nervously scratching the back of his head, as he smiled at Claudia, overwhelmed by the upbeat atmosphere that enveloped the house. "I'm used to it by now."

Claudia giggled and Aiden stared at them. He narrowed his eyes. His mom and Adam as a tag team would be a dangerous duo.

Claudia guided Adam to the backyard where everyone else was. Mira perked up and waved him over. She and Avery were in the pool. Adam decided to sit at the edge of the pool and dip his legs in.

"You're going back today?" he indicated to Avery as Mira tackled her.

Avery easily held her back and looked at Adam as Mira squirmed.

Avery lifted her sunglasses with her free hand. "Yep, the flight is at six in the evening."

Adam noticed Mira's shoulders drop slightly.

He could only imagine how hard it was to have just gotten together with Avery, for her to leave again. Avery noticed too; she pulled Mira close giving her a small peck.