Chapter 24:

EDITED

This was the perfect last chapter but the writer doesn't like even numbers

Mira woke up, in her bed, wrapped in Avery's arms.

There was a bit of a ruckus downstairs, getting her attention. Avery tossed a bit, adjusting to the shape of Mira's body. She kissed the back of Mira's neck.  

"Morning, Lilith," she mumbled softly.

Mira giggled and turned to face Avery, who then leaned down to kiss her. Her hands shot up to block their kiss. Avery gave her a strange look as she wriggled out of her grasp going into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Avery got up after her.

"What are you doing?"

"Brushing," she pointed at the toothbrush in her mouth.

Avery shook her head. "I'll never understand."

She walked up to Mira wrapped her arms around her and trailed a bunch of kisses down her neck. Mira watched Avery behind her.

"What oo waana doo uay?"

Avery narrowed her eyes and chuckled, resting her chin on Mira's shoulder.

"Did I ever tell you just how adorable you are," Avery said mockingly, looking at her in the mirror.

Mira tried to elbow her in the abdomen, which she quickly dodged by sliding away. Mira leaned down to rinse her mouth. Avery began to undress. Mira straightened up, staring at Avery's reflection, as she hopped into the shower.

Avery chuckled, tilting her head to the side and looked down at Mira.

"Are you waiting for an invitation?" she teased. "Come here." She beckoned Mira forward with her finger and switched on the shower.

Mira walked up to her as she instructed. She bit her lip, gazing away, still too shy to look at Avery's body.

Avery took Mira's chin in her hand, forcing her to meet her eyes. She used her other hand to pull Mira into the shower with her, allowing the water to soak them. Mira's clothes clung to her skin as she watched the warm water trail down the curves of Avery's body.

Piece by piece, Avery removed Mira's damp clothes as they took a shower, their skins, pressed onto one another the whole time. The shower turned out to be a lot steamier than Mira initially intended it to be, which led to it being longer, causing them to be late for breakfast.

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

Aiden was downstairs scoffing down the flapjacks Ray kept piling onto his plate.

He had returned to Mira's house this morning after being discharged by his mom, who had the displeasure of stitching her sun up the night before. Giya had brought him and Claudia over.