Chapter 10:

EDITED

A/N last update for Monday. I will most likely get homework from now onward so Updates may be delayed.

Forgive me TUTs.

For those of you who have watched Disney Hercules, I paraphrase, "I am a worm, worthless worm."

*Hades alter ego kicks in* Remember whose in charge TUTs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'First, you're hot, then you're cold' 

Yes, that's the song, thank you, Katy Perry.

Earlier when Mira and Aiden regrouped with Giya, Claudia had already left for the hospital and Ray had taken her. Giya suggested they should wait for him to return so they could get dropped off since Mira had had a 'skating accident' but Avery swooped in and offered them a ride. After some scepticism, Giya had let Mira leave with Eden siblings.

Avery pulled up to their house. In the back seat, Mira was fast asleep. She dozed off on the way and it took everything in Avery, to stop herself from glancing at her every five seconds in the review mirror.

"Thanks for the ride," Aiden said, his voice oddly emotionless, as he jumped out of the passenger seat.

"Does this happen often?" She asked. Aiden was aware she meant the tension between Mira and Evelyn.

Aiden sighed as they both got out of the car. "Not really. While you were gone Evelyn barely noticed we existed. It's only when you're around, trouble seems to follow. Especially Evelyn."

He trailed off knowing how Mira secretly compares their skin tones and how Evelyn felt the need to rub in all of Mira's insecurities. "Whatever, it's not like you ever were there to stop her."

Avery followed after him as he made his way over to Mira's door and folded her arms across her chest. "If you told me, I would have done something." Aiden picked Mira up bridal style.

"Oh yeah? I thought you were too busy trying to shag her to notice what was right in front of you."

Avery raised an eyebrow. "Who uses the word shag?"

Aiden made his way to the door that Avery opened for him. "That's not the point."

"What does this have to do with Evelyn and me?"

Aiden stopped walking and swirled around to look his sister dead in the eye. "Avery, do you remember that time at the end of 10th grade; you and Mira went on that little 'adventure' when I got sick?"

Avery felt her heart skip a beat and she gulped. "Yes..."

"And you remember what happened after that?