Chapter 18:

Edited

 Shoutout to NightowlAnyx for being one of the best readers and voters of the TUT EMPIRE and as promised has received the official Bronze TUT BADGE OF HONOUR - a dedication.

How to get a TUT BADGE OF HONOUR: comment on more than 20 chapters and vote on all chapters to get the TUT Stories' attention. Remember better the comments the better the reward.

( and boy was this a hard chapter to edit because it's mostly dialogue.)

Heeeeey, so don't hate me but we're gonna get serious for a bit.

Me: ┐( ∵ )┌
You reading this: ತ_ತ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: ┐( ∵ )┌You reading this: ತ_ತ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Brunch did not go as Avery had planned. She was going to officially ask Mira out but, once again, she was reminded that a relationship with gaping holes would never work. Mira deserved to know the truth.

They pulled up to Mira's house in her car. Giya immediately swung open the front door and stomped out.

She was fuming.

Mira opened the door to her car that Avery drove, and climbed out. She couldn't look her mom in the eye. She stared at the ground instead, waiting for Giya to yell at her for being late.

It never came.

Her mother gave her a sad look, glancing from her to Avery. Giya bit her lip as Avery stepped forward.

"Giya, I can –" Avery started but Giya held up her hand, silencing her.

"Did I not tell you to stay away from my daughter, Eden. Was hurting her once not enough? She could've ended up like Líla. Is that what you want for her?"

Avery looked like she'd been stabbed in the gut. Mira stepped in front of Avery into the heat of her mother's fury.

"Mom, don't blame her for Líla. Don't blame her for whatever in the hell happened to me. Don't you think it's time I know what happened?"

Giya looked taken back by Mira's sudden aggression. Ray and Aiden came outside as well as some neighbours.

Ray placed his hands on his wife's shoulder. "Giya, let's take the kids inside."

Giya flinched slightly at the contact. She glanced up at Ray, the anger washing away from her as he quickly removed his arm. Her eyes brushed over the ghost of his hand on her shoulder that was trying to support her and she sighed. She then silently made her way back inside. Aiden, still wrapped in his blankie, looked at his sister and then Mira.