Chapter 5:

Well, well, well we meet again, TUTs. I know I use the song before in the prologue but I really feel Summer Kennedy's song is the perfect song to capture the vibe of LILITH.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam's love bruises, Avery's habits and the damn car is too small for Phoenix

When Aiden and Mira arrived at the party, it seemed to be reaching the climax.

They jumped out of her car and made their way upstairs to Aiden's room where he waited outside the room while she changed. Once she was ready and had applied her lipstick, she undid her plaits, allowing her curls to bounce free. She left the room shutting the door behind her and Aiden stared at her.

She raised her eyebrows at him. "What?"

"Where are you hiding the old Mira? Is her body hidden where I won't be accused of murder?"

She smacked his arm and made her way downstairs trying to dodge the clusters of people; Aiden ambled behind her, keeping his head low as if hiding from everyone.

Avery was always the more popular of the Eden siblings. Although, Mira had to admit Aiden was quite handsome, especially as they got older. She figured that most girls avoided him because he was always with her.

When they got to the ground floor, Aiden led the way whilst Mira looked around. She made eye contact with Avery, who had her arms around Evelyn. Avery seemed panicked when she met with Mira's eyes and she wondered if she should go try to help her but Aiden caught her hand leading her to the basement.

Mira forcefully dragged her gaze away from Avery and Evelyn. Suddenly in the mood to dance the night away, she started making her way down the basement stairs, when Aiden stopped her. "Wait, I'm going to go get the popcorn for your mom."

Mira froze; he always had a fear of the basement.

"Are you still scared of the basement after all this time?"

He gave her a thin smile. "You know it. I hate basements. They're so creepy."

He shot her a pair of finger guns at Mira, whilst clicking his tongue and disappeared.

Mira couldn't help but feel as if he abandoned her, though that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

She grinned.

When they were nine, Aiden and she snuck downstairs and watched a horror movie that Ray and Claudia had strictly forbidden and, naturally, Giya had provided. Before they even started the movie, Aiden had a panic attack because of the 'monsters'. Claudia had come downstairs hearing him scream. It was the first and last time Mira had ever seen Claudia angry. 

That night, Giya told Mira that he had been locked in a storage cabinet in the basement of his previous house and had gotten hurt so he probably had a subconscious fear that remained. Hence, he and Mira weren't allowed in the basement. Even if it's full of people, he stays clear of it and it's probably the reason he never attended Avery's parties.